Why don't I get notifications if I make opinion comments?

It's so frustrating that unless people @mention me, I'll never know who responded to my opinion comment unless I manually scan through my history and look up every topic it could possibly be.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah people should get into the habit of tagging if responding to an opinion comment or replying to that box specifically which creates an automatic tag

What Girls Said 1

• That's just how the system is set up. Like you said, either you need to be tagged or you'll have to go back and check. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it's something you think is important.

• It's frustrating to me because it slows down the debate and sometimes I never find the reply either. Just imagine you and I having an argument here and you have to find it like a needle in a haystack.

What Guys Said 1

• If it's your own opinion, you should get a new notification when there is a new comment. If you post a comment to another user's opinion, you need to get mentioned to get a notification.

• I know that's what I'm complaining about. I want the cake and I'm going to eat it too.