Has anyone noticed GAG's latest update concerning limit's on questions?

Check it out I can hear some members screaming already. I'll link it here if I can. If not go to FAQ.
www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/xper#45

Most Helpful Guy

• It has to do with the increased number of "No Opinions" question, but this is actually not the solution to the problem. The problem is that those questions appear only once on the live feed, and afterwards only the popular ones remain... people just don't bother with the "No Opinions" feed. It should be somewhere more in plain sight.

• Couldn't agree more.

• @RainbowFanGirl It partly makes sense, though. But it really doesn't solve the problem...

• Yep, it really doesn't. It's kinda dumb to me but that's just me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lets be honest, a lot of questions on this site are total shit.
    Let's be honest again, a lot of MyTakes on this site are total shit.
    I think it's perfectly fine. How many questions can one person have in a day? How many well crafted MyTakes can one person create in a day?
    GaG is meant to be more than one person's launching pad. Give and take. These changes are perfectly fine and make complete sense.
    Maybe people will put more effort into what they ask and create now.

• Yeah that's true. But I plan my questions and takes out before I put them on the site. I don't think it's fair to do that to users who barely do anything wrong. :(

• I hope it does as well, if not, I'm sure they'll change it back to how it was before.

• thanks for mhg

What Guys Said 17

• So you're telling me you're not allowed to ask questions on a website thats meant for asking questions?
    lh3.googleusercontent.com/.../...ird_World_Kid.jpg
    I understand that this move is meant to deal with trolls but it hurts the normal user too.

• Yep the reasoning is to many questions aren't getting any comments. My thinking on the lack of comments is the lay out of the site & the quality of some questions.

• Having less questions won't make people answer the questions they dont want to answer :P

• You got that right.

• 2|2
  • Ha ha ha ha you sure look into things pretty much with a microscope :D

Well it may just be because GAG is looking not only at lowering the space usage but making it meaningful to get questions enough opinions :)

No I hadn't noticed this till you brought it up :)

I think it's a pretty good thing. Makes people work towards what they want :)

• No microscope was needed it showed in GAG news top right hand corner of the page.

• No harm done I'm good with it.

• Thank you beautiful girl :) <3

• I've read it now... I can't say I'm very enthusiastic about it but for me personally it's no problem. Those 3 questions are enough for me for a week :D
    I guess it's a question of how many posts the site can take, and perhaps also avoid that a small group of users post a large portion of the questions.
    I also agree with @Mesonfielde that if it was intended to prevent questions with no opinions it won't help.
    My experience says: ask good questions and invest time in giving opinions. You'll get followers and at least those people will answer your questions.
    Than they appear in the live feed and will attract more opinions :D

• I have posted a few poorly worded or thought out questions that got 5-10 comments. I have never posted a question that has gotten no comments.

• Same experience here! :D

• seems fine to me. I don't think I've ever felt the need to post more than 3 questions or mytakes in a single day

• OH I don't have a problem I rarely ask 1 question let alone more. The odd time I may get 2-3 out.

• out of all the shit gag should fix, they decide to go with a questions limit? i don't ask questions, usually, but that's still supid

• I had not seen this until now. Thanks for the share

• The reduction is probably because of BS questions flooding the website. 3 questions in a 24 hour span is fair to me in my opinion.

• I was just gonna ask that it says now gurus can only ask 4 questions a day before it was 5 questions a day that sucks.

• I was under the impression it was 7? I may be wrong?

• Wow they change so many times I don't know even know last time i checked it was 5 though

• I think it's okay so we don't have those people asking how they look repetitively with the same pictures etc. Nobody really needs to ask that many questions anyways.

• I can post 3 a day but I don't remember it being that much different but did think it was a few hours had to pass before doing another one so maybe it is less

• Lol I can see both sides.

I've seen a few people who ask a bunch of questions but it gets people talking and they're very easy to answer/fun to think about

On the other hand if they're limiting it's because people are abusing this function

• With the exponential increase of repeats and useless questions, this seems to be a reasonable change.

• Didn't even notice, thanks for the heads up.

• I think it's been like this for a long time

• This is a pure lannister move.

• Its funny because the most popular questions are usually just repeats (For instance how do I look questions) or if this or that race attracted to this or that race or how can I get this race to like me questions

What Girls Said 12

• Yes, this change was made so that all questions have more chances of being noticed :)

• So GAG says. The biggest problem is the questions slip down the feed if not commented on & are never seen again.

• I don't think this will address the problem. I think after you post an opinion, it should give you a bunch of "No Opinion" questions underneath, or at least questions with low answer counts. Currently I think it shows questions asked by people you follow, and that really doesn't favor new members or anonymous users.

• @Mesonfielde yeah after submitting an opinion G@G tries to show posts that the user might be interested in, and that algorythm is constantly being improved, so favoring no opinion questions is a good idea. Thanks for the feedback!

• YES I JUST ASKED THAT QUESTION!

• I don't ask questions that much so I don't care.
    orig02.deviantart.net/.../...edyoshika-d5vfrar.jpg

• I mean, that limit doesn't bother me since I don't write myTakes or ask that many questions. However, I think they need to find a way to get those questions with no opinions some recognition.

• You can check the feed under No opinions. But most just follow Live Feed. Also some of those questions have no comments for good reason.

• Same here and now it will take me even LONGER to become a guru if they keep this limit. 😑

• @RainbowFanGirl Well, you'll get there before me, I'm sure. Haha.

• I've never asked a tremendous amount of questions anyway, so this is fine for me.
    I really think this would bother the Xper hunters a lot more than it would me.

• I'm not sure I have ever come up against the limit anyway.

• It must be an attempt to try to curb some of the trolling that's gotten so thick lately it's hard to find the legit questions anymore.

• So instead of TROLL questions it's TROLL comments? lol hahahaha

• plenty of those too. Good point. I guess those are easier to ignore than the questions tho. Especially when people that you follow reply to troll questions.

• Meh, doesn't really affect me.

• It used to be 7! What the fuck? I have lots of questions that I wanna ask! Now it will take me even longer to become a Guru! Why don't they change it back and keep an eye on the trolls instead of screwing over their normal users? 😤😑 This is stupid, I'm sorry.

• Honestly yesterday it said I can't post more than 7 and then today more than 3 I'm like excuse me bring me back my privledges 😂😂😂

• Yea I just noticed it myself. Mind you i never went overboard with the questions any ways.

• It was never when i was on here lol

• hadn't noticed to be honest

• At least I won't be seeing lots of useless questions from the same users.

• Yea thats the best part eh?

• Pretty much.
      Seriously, though, GaG should do something about users who ask the same fucking questions everyday.