Whats mod selection?

Basically below every question thats posted there's a box that could be ticked or not and says "mod selection" what does this mean? I'm allowed to change topics if they aren't the right one.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is explained in your mod handbook that you were emailed, please review that. In short, it's simply a way for Super and Uber mods to help "promote" content that they think is good quality and should be viewed more by the community. It does not "feature" the post, but it does help boost the question, helping it become "popular."

• Got it thanks! I didn't get my e-mail and kept having to refresh it!

• Yep I did receive it thank you!

• Okay, great! :)

What Guys Said 1

• It's in the moderator handbook, if you think the content is REALLY suitable for GAG, then the admins will look at it and possibly select it as "Great", which means it'll be featured for a certain amount of time.

Please note that once you put something for ModSelection, you can't actually undo it.

What Girls Said 2

• It should be in your handbook, but mod selection is a thing about featuring questions you find particularly good.

• @Xelebrum the mods get handbooks on promotion. It's an actual fact.

• Oh. Well I guess you learn something new every day. :P

• "ModSelection = Subject matters that are of great quality in our community."