Do you ever think of quitting GaG and why?

I'm thinking of cashing out my xper and quitting the site because it's honestly super judgmental of liberal and is very conservative/tradionalist which is totally fine except I'm not any of those things.

I'm more than willing to admit that I don't fit in with you people. You're mostly virgins and not simply because you can't get laid, but because you don't want to. At least with the former I could teach what's always worked for me, but with the latter it's a world philosophy I could never know where sex is some Holy martial contract even when you're in your early 20's.

Being one of the most controversial people currently active on this site, I'm a bit torn because of the investment I've made, and the people who hate me who I love to frustrate but I'm interested to know what reasons you all have for considering quitting? (Just being busy is obviously not a reason for this particular question that I'm looking for.)

"I'm drifting once again, I don't know where I am... but, all I know is that I'm drifting far from you..."

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't leave because of a large portion of the site's users happen to be holier than thou.
    You'll leave all the rest of us who do choose to engage in sex without bringing shame into the picture and voice their opinions on here pretty damn openly most of the time with one less on our team. We'll become even more of a minority.
    zeeboxbuzz.files.wordpress.com/.../...rones_02.jpg
    (plus, I love your takes.)

• You've inspired me! We have to fight against the sexually repressed and frustrated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8ofhjI6ODc

• Srsly. Dude, you payin' attention to the wrong people.

I mean, here I sit, pretty damn impressed with how nice people are here, overall. And with how often depth happens.

Most of what yr seeing is just obvious trollery, and/or noise. Pay attention to signal, not noise.

Most Helpful Guy

• STAY! This website and community def can be ultra-conservative, fundamentalist, prudish, self-righteous. But that is MORE reason for you to stay! To be a contrarian voice that gag needs. It's great the world isn't homogeneous and there are various voices, so stay!!
    Either way, you could just go inactive. Don't delete your account bc you might be back, and start from square one on your xper, like i did lol

• lol what made you delete instead of go inactive?

• @mr90skid haha ya, it's like I can do no right. I want to be a nice person but it's like they force me to be an ass back to them. Oh well

• thanks mho man!

What Girls Said 8

• so you're telling me that because you don't fit in, you want to leave? and you're saying that because you find it hard to relate to most, that you don't belong?
    . . . that doesn't stop people like us.

• Sometimes. I just have too many haters here, all that negative energy is affecting me in awful ways. Since I started blocking people it hasn't been that bad, but still... it's impossble to block them all, since many are anonymous. But yeah, the NEGATIVE ENERGY. That'd be my reason if I decided to leave.

But, let's be real, I'm most likely never gonna actually go through with it, too addicted 😂 I don't know what I'd do without GAG.

• ya thats exactly why I left originally, negative energy. Gag still is the #1 source of negative energy in my life by far. But it's fun too lol.

• @ConsultantIsBack Haha yes, it's kind of like the worst place ever and the best place ever at the same time.

• The only advice I can give that always think about the amount of affection people have for you on the site and it should help (excuse the pun) negate any negative crap that comes your way.

• You're not alone. I've always pegged you as a conservative type though haha. Don't hate me for that. Your responses just make you seem more conservative to me.
    Just take breaks now and then. That's what I do.

But I feel like leaving the internet because people, especially sexually frustrated guys, can be sooooo negative.

I've been trying so hard all my life to remove that negativity but quickly get sucked into that life. And the internet pretty much makes women feel like crap in general because apparently we're gold digging succubi who are incapable of true love or logic.
    I hate myself as is. The only positive I had going for me is being female but that's seen as the worst thing.

• haha this is funny that you think. i think i know why but no i am actually pretty liberal if i come off like that it's probably because i'm audience conscious in writing as it turns out maybe more so than a lot of other active users on here

• People come and go. This is my second account because I wanted to take a break and I knew I'd just be tempted to spend all my free time on here if I didn't deactivate my last one.

• Sometimes I think about leaving when school starts back. For one this site is addicting and often distracts me from my work. Also, if I meet a good guy in person, I dont want to be tempted into continuing to flirt with a random guy on here

• lol that's a good idea for your boyfriend. that would suck for your girl to be playin you over some random dude;p

• Yea and Im not a cheater. So i wouldn't even want to risk it

• eh... I don't really have a problem on gag for now :P
    as for you noooo don't leave! I didn't think you were that controversial at all.
    The mixture of ideals in this site is what makes it interesting. Plus your takes are really good. You shouldn t that bothered by this :P I thought you were more careless than that :p

• lol thank you

i just think it's like i only have a certain amount of time so i should be with the people who i understand and who understand me best but yes i am pretty careless:P

• In the last few months, I've contemplated deactivating like every other day. The negativity here is stifling at times.

And as I'm sure you're aware, you're not one of my favorite people here. That said, I don't feel like you should leave just because you don't fit in. Why do you want to?

• that's interesting. you seem very well recieved

aw, i actually don't want you to go away either... anymore.

maybe there's a better site like this but community? i've also heard great things about apps like medium "For the vast majority of people, Medium will have a higher return-on-investment for writing than publishing one's own blog." but maybe the grass is always greener

• Oh there are plenty of blogs that you could write for. But not a lot of them have this type of community. One of the main reasons why I didn't deactivate is because of the ability to write MyTakes. It's an outlet for me, and it seems to be for you as well.

• I actually got told of this question and re-joined the website just to come back and tell you: Yes, leave! Please stop writing your bullshit "advice". Please stop filling people's head with tactics on how to lie, trick and deceive so you can get your dick wet. Just go. Quietly. Just leave.

I left the site because it has become quite clear GaG allow the nasty people to stay and post their hatred (not you here, I just think you're dumb not nasty) because it stirs up debate and gets traffic. It also seems to strongly support angry, sexless right wing men and provides a platform for them to shout at the world and justify their ignorant attitudes.

In short: GaG likes nasty, nasty gets more traffic which sells more ads. Being nice and tolerant of others doesn't make as much money.

What Guys Said 12

• I used to think about it only cause of some of the stuff I said on here when I first came back in 2012. Some of my views and opinions changed but I felt it stuck with my name.
    The fact that you different is the reason why you should stay. If everyone who was different folded, whether they were liked or not, the world would be so bland and lame. Apply the same to here. The different personality on here make this place more unique and interesting. We not meant to be carbon copies of each other, individuality is gotta flourish at a time it seems to be at an all time low.

• but isn't there something to be said for surrounding yourself with like minded individuals instead of told that all your ideas and feelings are wrong?

• very true good point

• I should quit because I've been on this website for so long. I was here when the MHO went to one person not a guy and a girl MHO. I was here when they had the "Does this date sound great?" section.

• " Being one of the most controversial people currently active on this site "

come now..

there's nothing controversial about being sexually active in todays day and age

• I think there's a fair amount of liberal people here, although it varies depending on who's online at the time.

• lol i guess its based on time zones then with liberals in certain time zones and conservatives in others

• Lol yeah i remember when i eggo got in the way:p jk mang
    But yeah totally true, this site is swarming with those who have not bestowed their V-card. Seriously hire a hooker.
    Anyways this is my 5th account, i suggest just breaking for awhile thats what I've been doing. This site is my only negative place in my life now, but its just fun:P
    Anyways hope you don't leave but have fun otherwise

• No, I have never thought about it, I mean so far it has been good. I hope it remains like that.

• Lol go to bodybuilding misc bro

• You can come and go as you please.

This isn't an investment unless you've built up a network of connections that benefit you outside of GaG.

The rest is forgotten.

• I guess everybody thinks the world is against them lol
    I'd call the site very liberal haha
    Eh, I quit once because I spending too much time on here.
    Came back in 5 or six months.
    Honestly if you don't like it here, there's a whole wide world and a bunch of Internet out there for ya bro.

• true but you know... you gain something you lose something...

• I've thought about quitting at least a couple times, in fact I've thought about it not too long ago. But while this site definitely has its cons, it has more than its fair share of pros. At least for me personally.

Plus I'd rather not start at Xper 1 again lol

• The only reason I think about it is because whenever I ask a serious question or a fun question nobody answers it but when I go anon and ask a stupid troll question, it gets flooded with answers.

People on here complain about trolling but it seems, its actually what they want.

• good point dude never thought of that but you're right my most offensive take got 60 responses from one gender never touched that with anything that useful...

• I still can't believe I made an account on here that chilly day in February

• you're still a baby on here... theres' time to turn back!

• this site is depressing haha so I'll probably gtfo in July or something