What is the point of this website?

Seriously, it seems this website is more of a drag on most people's lives than it is in any way helpful.

Time wasting. Bitterness. Selfishness. Insights into what people actually think... and wishing you never found out. And it's rare that people actually try to provide useful answers... people usually are just trying to amuse themselves, even if it is at someone else's expense.

Honestly, all I've taken away from this website is that most people are not worth getting to know. All I've learned is that most people are filth.

Convince me otherwise.

Most Helpful Girl

• the site is what u make of it. We all experience it in different ways. For me, while it is a rollercoaster, i stay because id argue there is no site with as much a sense of community as there is here. This is how i see it. If u dont like the site, no one is forcing u to stay, but if u think it's worth it, then give it another shot.

• You know what? I don't think this place is contributing anything meaningful to my life whatsoever. I'm tired of hearing about MRAs, Feminists, racial divides, and all the other crap people seem to love whining about. People here are broken, belligerent, and generally unpleasant. All this site does is make me hate people and distract me from thinking about useful things.

• Ok, im sorry u feel that way.

Most Helpful Guy

• Try real life

• Are you implying a realistic opinion is worse?

• Sadly, I don't see it as being any different.

• @Belle0094 no I'm saying there's bitter and selfish people in real life too. I've never had trouble on this site though

What Girls Said 1

• For me to brush up on my English and to observe human behaviour and see what kind of people live on the other parts of this planet. GAG makes me realise how fortunate I am. This is the point : )

What Guys Said 4

• As others have said it is what you put into it - I have found most of the people really pleasant on the site just maybe I have been very lucky

• We're all here to examine each other's warts.

• To have fun, ask help for some problems, and see other people's opinions on certain topics. There's also that Amazon card for some people. It's not that bad compare to other websites like YA!. That site was extremely mean-spirited. GAG seems nicer and friendier. Though it's up to you if you really enjoy this site or not.

• It sucks cuz there's no app