Is it Normal to Want a Daughter?

I know I'm only 19 years old going on 20, and that I'm a virgin and unmarried, but I REALLY want a daughter and sometimes I even cry at night because I don't have one.

I often see my little sister and remember how cute she was/is, and it makes me wish I could have my own daughter to love and raise, to teach her everything I know and have her baptized Orthodox, to name her myself and absolutely cherish her.

I feel like having a daughter would fill this void in my heart, like I'll never be complete until I have one.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's normal and very sweet. You'll be a good father someday.
    Just make sure that you are both emotionally and financially stable enough to raise and care for a baby, that you really care for the mother a great deal, and to be prepared for it to turn out to be a boy and still love it as much as you would if it were a girl.
    Also, babies are a lot of responsibility, and the majority of the freedom you have now will end when you become a father. There will be no more hanging out with friends or doing things on your terms because your child will have to come first. You will have to be more careful with your time and money because you will need to make sure your child's needs are met before your own. Children are a 24/7, 18+ year commitment that you can't just toss aside when you don't feel like being a parent that day.
    Just be sure you're actually ready and well-prepared when you decide to have one.

What Girls Said 12

• I don't think it's really "normal" to cry over it, I mean i get the urge to want to be a father/mother and all however you can't just want something just to fill whatever void you have. It'd be smarter to work on yourself so that when you do have a family you can be the happiest you can be.

• aw this is so cute! :D
    it's absolutely normal, and so nice to see a guy expressing this thought. a lot wouldn't have the balls to do it, so i commend u =]

• Wanting a baby of your own is completely natural, for both guys and girls. When my husband found out I was pregnant, the first thing he said was that he'd been wanting a baby girl so much. He got kind of emotional. And seeing him hold her for the first time the day she was born? That's one of my favorite memories.

• That's actually really sweet. I feel the same way except about a baby boy lol. You're probably just lonely 😊 Just find other things to focus on and it will be pushed to the back of your mind

• it is... never healthy to pin all of your hopes onto one person... especially when that person doesn't even exist.

it's normal to want to be a father. it is not normal to cry over it or to expect that you won't feel complete until you have a daughter.

• I understand what you're saying. I do have a boyfriend and we live together, but we aren't planning to have children now. We want them eventually, but now is not the time. But every time I see little children I'd love to have one myself. To play with them, to cuddle with them... I can't wait to decorate a nursery!!

• Aww that's so sweet it's nice to here a guy say he wants to have a girl most want boys you will have your chance your still young.

• Aww you're so cute :) love this!

• Omg 💖💖💖💖 that is so cute like Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• It sounds strange honestly. Ur so young yourself.

• This is so adorable and sweet, yes I would agree that this is completely normal.
    I kind of go through the same thing, but one day I want to have a son or if God bless's me sons, I sometimes imagine what I would name them and such and what type of life I would want them to have
    I wish you much luck and that you will be blessed with a daughter of your own one day.
    This is so sweet and touching

• Maybe it's just a stage you are gong trough... Right now I keep thinking I can't wait to have kids.. But I'm not planning on being a mom before I'm at least 26

What Guys Said 7

• Okay, there is nothing wrong with that.

• Sure there's nothing wrong with that, I'd love to have a daughter in addition to a son someday, completely normal.

• So go ahead man.. Find a beautiful partner marry her (if there's no problem)/
    Or else
    You can be a dad without marriage 😉😉
    But later on that creates a problem I won't suggest you to go for it

• No, not at all. I also want a daughter.

• You don't need a daughter, you need a dog.

• Be a good dad.

• Same, lol. Girls always love the little boys and guys always love the little girls. ha ha! I love my little female 2nd cousin. I more protective of her that my other cousins. I mean here mom is away and her grandmother is a little crazy. I just wish I could take care of her. I really worry sometimes.

• oh that sucked, lol...

I'm more protective of her than my other cousins. I mean her mom is away and her grandmother is a little crazy. I just wish I could take care of her. I really worry sometimes.