How on earth did some of gags become masters and editors?

They're just like us normal users and some give very rude advises and still the became like that. This is confusing. Someone please explain to me

Most Helpful Guy

• Make good quality content, have it get promoted often and you'll become an editor

Most Helpful Girl

• Master and Guru is achieved by anyone with the set limit of points. So basically, they asked a lot of questions and answered a lot to get the points. Doesn't mean they have the best advice, just that they spent a long time or more time getting points.

With Editors, I'm not entirely sure how they are chosen. I know they have to write a lot of MyTakes.

What Guys Said 6

• its the XPER system, as long as a user reaches the XPER required for said title, they will obtain it, regardless of how rude or awesome they are.

• I don't know. I come on here every day for about 2 hours on average, for the past year and a half. And I am only halfway to being a Master (I guess).

Like look at this shit:
    Member for 19 months
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/user/bertmacklinfbi

Member for 16 months
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/user/darkhumorrus

Like what the fuck he must've had to be on here like 6 or more hours a day, answering questions nonstop.

But I guess some people somehow have time and energy for that.

• These titles merely indicate that the designee has been consistently persistent. Much like simply being old is no indication one possesses wisdom, merely showing up for work doesn't make one a good worker.

• All you need is 50,000 points to become a master - Editors usually get it after writing a number of takes

• A master is simply a person with a lot of points, the "one-up" from guru
    an Editor is a person whom, in the eyes of the Admins, write good MyTakes. ^.^

• Badges aren't necessarily merit-based. It's more so to do with posting a shit-ton.

What Girls Said 3

• I think that for masters, it's not about the quality of your answers, you can become a master just by posting a lot. I think it's getting 50,000 XP that gets you the master status, I'm not sure... I think editors are chosen, yeah, but I'm not really sure how the process goes. Maybe based on regularity and how many comments they get on their mytakes.

• Your status raises to master simply based on points you accrue (I believe anyway). So they didn't necessarily have the best advice, just answered a lot of questions.

• Oh i get it now. Thanks

• The titles aren't all that you think.

A "master" is just a really active person who has posted / commented a lot.

An editor, such as myself, are just people who write takes often.