From an outsider's perspective looking in, most of you seem to use down-votes because of a mere difference of opinion. Even with opinions that essentially boil down to personal preference. What's most frustrating is that they don't even give an explanation most of the time. Another case of circle-jerking, it seems to be.
Let's say there is an opinion that you don't agree with but the person giving the opinion has clearly put in the effort to show you their perspective. Would you up/down-vote?
So, I have to ask: Why do you up/down-vote?
- I up/down-vote depending on whether I agree with them or not84% (16)62% (16)71% (32)Vote
- I up/down-vote depending on how well they presented their opinion0% (0)19% (5)11% (5)Vote
- I up/down-vote depending on whether I like/dislike the person giving the opinion.11% (2)4% (1)7% (3)Vote
- I up/down-vote depending on how everyone else up/down-votes0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
- Other5% (1)15% (4)11% (5)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
I upvote if I agree, I comment so they know I saw their opinion or if I have something to say.
I only downvote if they're being rude/ignorant/idiotic1
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Guy
Upvote: if I agree or if it made me laugh
Downvote: if I strongly disagree, if it's a stupid thing to say, if it makes no sense, if it was a shitty attempt at humor, if it was a commonly said thing that is still shitty...3