Do you think this is a bad place to ask questions that are religious in nature?

I don't mean questions where you quote the bible and tell everyone how your way of life is the best way to live or if you do A, B, C or D you'll burn in hell. I just mean questions out of curiousity of things you like to better understand or things you feel contradict itself, from the things you're told. Questions like that, is this the wrong place to ask those things? Why or why not? Are people on here just automatically going to get mad at you and jump down your throat for asking something that's just a simple question?

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel this isn't a very good place to learn about religion or faith. Most people here probably aren't experts in the field. It would be better to find people that study, whatever religion your interested in, regularly. And get views from different experts of the same religion. Hopefully you can find some experts that studied multiple religions.

But I guess the more you ask, the more you learn. So asking here should still give you insight in some sense. Some people here may be able to give you sources or references to find better info to answer your questions.

Not that you couldn't find experts here. I just find it less likely. You could ask a religious in nature question about personal faith here though. If you're curious how people interpret their religion and faith on a personal scale.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that if it's a question coming from a place of legitimate curiosity and you don't add something stupid like "if you're religion x don't answer", you'll do okay.

You're going to have people saying well I'm Y and we don't believe that/you're wrong/your religion is wrong. But you should also get some decent answers.

What Guys Said 11

• I do think it's a bad idea, due to one main reason - most people on this site are atheists or agnostic (including myself), so they may just not be able to provide the answers you are looking for.

• Being as our origin and purpose is far-and-away the most important issue affecting all who stumble about the orb, I should expect a proliferation of such queries. Somebody get to it!

• I don't think so; you should ask away. Sure, you may get some troll answers, but you may get a few legitimate philosophical answers.

• Well we do have a section called 'other' so it's only fair that you can ask almost any question that isn't explicitly related about relationships, sex, genders and etc. Just make sure you don't ask it in a way that would start a flame war.

• I think general religious questions should be okay unless someone goes off on a tangent usually they are quite sane.

• No Actually we need peolpe to better understand each other religions. Its a lot of misunderstanding that causes most of the hatred towards one another. For example, a lot of people believe the Muslim bible, the Koran, teaches only hate and violence. But yet the koran tells of the virgin mary and the birth of Jesus

• No I would answer. But typically when you answer the questions the person doesn't really want to know the answer. I find this to be true almost 100% of the time. So what's the question?

• It will always be half and half wherever you go on the internet.

• Yeah, you will get a lot of jackasses who don't take you seriously or tell you you ought to be an atheist. You might get some good answers too but you need a very thick skin to put up with all the bs.

• I think this is the place for all kind of questions

• If you only want an answer which will fit inside your narrative... don't ask it here.
    If you want answers with actual meat and knowledge... yes, this is a great place.

What Girls Said 3

• I think if you are looking for honest helpful answers this is a bad site because the majority of people here don't believe in God and seem more determined to tell you he doesn't exist than to actually help you answer your question. Of course, in their defense maybe they think that is helpful. I would post somewhere else though if it were me looking for honest helpful advice/opinions.

• Wait... are you asking about ethics questions? Morals and that sort of thing? I thing everyone has some sense of that. If they don't, you'll want to run far from them!

• I never talk about religion in any public opinion area. That is just my rule for me though.