Do questions on here get answered by popularity of the asker or how original or how interesting the question is?

I think its the popularity of the asker because I see a lot of questions on here by popular or guru, master users that aren't interesting or are just duplicates of past questions and they get answered a whole lot. Not mad about that just stating facts... Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a question on here that got featured, although I am definitely not a popular asker (I've been here for less than two weeks).

Most Helpful Guy

• The way questions are seen is by the amount of followers partially. If you follow a person, you may start seeing their questions start popping up in "recommended" and such. If you base popularity off the amount of followers, then yes-- they get more exposure which tends to mean more answers.

However, an original/interesting question may get mod selected or admin selected and featured. Featured questions get more exposure since they appear in yellow/gold around the site as you scroll down.

• I have a lot of people following me and their questions never pop up

• The followers of you will see your question. You won't see a follower's question often... that is, unless you follow them back.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• The popularity of the asker does help but not in a malicious way - A person who has a lot of followers, their question will appear on people's feed if other active users answer and conversations start, the question will keep appearing on the feed. It just seems like a conspiracy but it actually isn't.

• I think it can go both ways, but it's more about the question being interesting and the question being in such a way which will encourage the members to give useful, meaningful replies.

• Some are just intriguing and gets lots if answers. Yes i think the popularity of the asker plays a role with it. It clearly presents itself, also the ones with the blue flame icon are the ones that really get lots of answers and apprently they are given by the mods or admins.