Have you ever been offered/selected to be a moderator on GAG?

I'm just curious because I know that GAG members volunteer to do it but I received a message that I was chosen, how it's an honor, and how people always apply to be one. I just don't get how I got selected when there's so many other members. So I'm wondering do they send that to a lot of members?

(Feel free to skip)
I mean for peat sake when I first saw the message I was thinking oh crap what now because I knew that I didn't need to select MH to any of my answers so I assumed that one of my opinions or comments must've been removed but to my surprise they want apart of the mod team.

Not to mention I basically need a filter for my thoughts/opinions, how much I've offended people, arguements I've gotten into, and certainly options or comments that have been removed. So I just don't get why I was "chosen" 😂

So have any of you ever been selected?

• Yes 🙋
    49% (18)33% (10)42% (28)Vote
  • Nope :(
    51% (19)67% (20)58% (39)Vote
  • I'm one but I wasn't selected 😕
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Well I officially made up my mind 100% Never in a million years will I be a moderator 😤

0|0
16|17

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm far too immoderate to ever be a moderator.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah which is why I'm shocked I got that message. If I were take it they'd probably deprive me of it soon after 😂

• I've heard that very thing has happened before!

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry to burst your bubble, but you aren't that special xD Most mods that I know got chosen as well, myself included. They only say that so you can feel like "wow, omg, I can't believe this, such an honor!!! 😱" and accept it. Tbh there aren't THAT many active members here, it's really not that hard to be selected, especially if you've been here for a long time, as you obviously have. I thought I wouldn't ever become a mod either cause I tens to be too blunt with people, but it still happened. I've had plenty of my posts removed before AND after becoming a mod, I think what they mostly look at is the report quota.

1|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Yeah lol, I think they give out the mod statuses way too much. Right now there's like ~80 mods here, feels like soon enough EVERYONE will be a mod xD

• Thanks for the MHO

What Guys Said 16

• Yes, I've been offered twice, but I don't want it. I feel like becoming a moderator will require to have some level of "control" and "PC" that I don't wanna have. I wanna keep saying what I want.
    I've had some of my comments removed for whatever reason that I personally don't agree, so that's another reason why I don't wanna be mod.

1|0
    0|0
    • Exactly that's why I'm going to pass on it and can't believe they even offered lbs

• Show All
    • @Watermelonoma Yeah, and sometimes I can be too aggressive and people take it as a personal attack. That's how some of my opinions have been removed xD

• @Watermelonoma

But that's just it I'm pretty sure I'll continue to be breaking the code of conduct. Lbs

• Sure! And from the time I've known you on GAG, I think you'd do a fine job :D
    It's nothing too special or scary, you have the possibility to hide opinions and comments, and if you make it to supermod or ubermod those "rights" increase.
    The obligation to hide 5 posts a month is not really a problem. And it feels nice when you see something offensive and can hide it!

1|0
    0|0
  • I was selected and resigned after a few weeks

1|1
    0|0
    • What made you resign?

• I thought there was an awful lot of arguing going on about it and I wasn't enjoying my time as much as when I was a ordinary user.

• I for one didn't even intend to apply but I was pleasantly surprised when they chose me.

1|0
    0|0
  • na but I was selected to be head admin on a csgo server a few days ago with 60+ people on avg and considering I haven't even need mod yet I decided to go with regular admin

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm sure you'll be offered that position once again in the future once you're more prepared.

• I was. But it was a LONG time ago. At the time mods were identified with a 'bulb' to the right of their username. Then it was an orange bubble. Now it's a simple 'M'. Don't know how much has changed duty wise but good luck with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was never selected, the Admins don't wan't G@G to collapse.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you report a lot of stuff that should be removed then that is why they selected you.

0|0
    0|0
    • But I barely report anything, and I've been chosen twice.

• @aledeeurope
      Yeah I was going to say the same thing I don't really report that much only when something is truly offensive to me or anyone else.

• No, I haven't been offered for that

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I was asked on multiple occasions. I accepted it once for like a week and then asked for it to be removed lol

0|0
    0|0
  • No one wants me to moderate. I wouldn't do my job at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah, they want to make me admin but i refused. They are still very persistent but i don't want it. What can i do? these guys have been begging me to become an admin. 😎

1|0
    2|3
    • Lol really they're still asking you?

I think I'm going to pass also... I can't be a hypocrite and report any and everything when I leave some of the worst things myself.

• Show All
    • And apparently @aledeeurope has been asked twice. So they can be persistent.

• yeah but you don't see "ME"? I had been asked 1000 times at least and still counting... 😎😎

• Nope, I'm too blunt for them to offer me a moderator position.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope despite slaving away on take after take they continue to ignore me . . . . . .

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, on one of my original usernames I was

0|0
    0|0
  • That would be so amazing!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 15

• Haha, congratulations to you! :-)
    Yeah, I received a message in my old Pingju account which informed me that I was selected by the admin team. I didn't want it and thanked them for the offer. I told Sparrow24, the admin at that time, that my English isn't good enough to be a moderator. Haha.

I don't know you well but so far I notice you give very detailed answers in the questions that I posted (whether you are aware of it or not :-D ) and I'm touched.

P. S I've observed that some GAGers are much more polite after they have become moderators. Hehe :-P

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm not too familiar with your previous account name but did you have the same current profile pic on your other? If so I remember to a certain degree 😊

And thanks for your kind words.

• Yes, the same profile picture on my other : ))

• yeah i did. it was nice to be recognised like that.
    I'm sure you'll do great, congrats =]

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh yeah.. I'm like perfect for the place.. Extremely polite and helpful. I just rejected the offer 😉 HAHAHAHHA XD

1|0
    0|0
    • Lmfao if they really did you should've taken it. I would've loved to see just how much you didn't give a sh*t ^_^

• Show All
    • I mean who hasn't? 😂

And trust me eventually someone's gonna piss you off enough and you will...

• Nah dude, I'm super tolerant when it comes to these things

• Yeah, I got "chosen" on my old account and took the offer. Wouldn't wanna do it again though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never been selected. It's okay though. I understand why I might not be or have been, haha.

1|0
    0|0
    • Exactly which is why I'm wondering why in earth would they allow me to! 😂

• Lol, well they must have saw some greatness in you when they did. :) I doubt I will EVER be contacted. I've been a lot better on GaG now, but I have gotten blocked quite a few times and haven't gotten into a couple of sarcastic wars with people on here.

• Lmfao I do that on a daily 😁

• Yes I was asked. I just accepted it.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes, i was chosen

1|0
    0|0
  • I take it moderators are the people with letter symbols near their name?

1|0
    0|0
  • I accept it because I dunno why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I was chosen to be a moderator without asking. I did have another user recommend I be one, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you report a lot of stuff on here?

0|1
    0|0
    • No not really only if it's truly offensive. I usually ignore the minor things.

• Yup. I've been a mod for a while now.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but I'd love to be onel

0|0
    0|0
  • In the mist of everyones dreams.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, on my other account I was an uber moderator.

0|0
    0|0
    • I know lol :)

If you don't mind me asking why'd you leave? Or at least delete that account?