Do you notice how females on GaG get more support?

I notice that females' questions, Takes, and answers get more traction than the guys', and their answers tend to get more up votes too. Do you think as a society we've predisposed ourselves to agree with females or give them more attention because they're women? While we subconsciously aren't interested in what guys say or think? This isn't the only site I've seen this happen on but it might be where I've seen it the most.

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe this has something to do with the movement to victimize women. There are a lot of third-wave feminists and social justice warriors out there making anyone that isn't a white, heterosexual male a 'victim' in some way.

Woman has sex while drunk and feels bad about it the next day - she would have a huge following of other SJW and 3rd Waves telling her she was raped, even though she knows she wasn't.

A woman does 'x' job and she is hailed as some 'great woman' for doing something that has been done before.

I think this is a symptom of both victimization and self-censoring. A black boss might be harder on black guys in order to show that he isn't being biased towards his 'fellow man'.

In much that same way, men and women are constantly flooded with the idea that women are mistreated, picked on, raped, and generally treated differently, so in order to compensate for this 'subconscious' thought, they automatically treat her with more reverence.

But, it could also simply be biology at work. Men compete with men for a woman's favor - women aren't really here to 'look for men' so they are here trying to 'help' another, which means the mean will upvote and be nicer to women, as will the women just because they're helping and women are generally nicer than men (or at least not as outright hateful).

It could be either of these things. But yes - I do notice how females get more support, but it isn't just on GaG - it's pretty much everywhere.

Peace.

What Girls Said 5

• Perhaps. But I think it might also be because of the amount and nature of the questions females ask and how they react compared to males. I try to support both genders when I see questions of insecurity. The males tend to drag it on and not believe me, but the females tend to listen to the words more and thank me for them or make me MHO. We as a society are harsher on men with our words, because maybe we biologically and societally deem it more masculine to be able to handle it whereas fragility is seen as a feminine trait.

• No. The nature of the question or Take could be the same as a female, but if it's done by a guy people tend not to want to care too much. I will say that I'm surprised at how most of my Takes have gotten good reception, especially for their topics, but other guys don't have the same success. People are just already predisposed to being ready to listen to women I think, hence the emphasis on hearing "a woman's perspective," while we typically feel like what a guy thinks or says isn't that important.

• Definitely true, yes. As someone who is non-white, even I get sick of other non-white hiding behind racial oppression as a way for us to get respected. Just because we should be heard doesn't mean we're always right or that no one else should be heard. And I feel the same way about women.

• I am non-white as well, and I agree... these groups sometimes abuse the power differential as well and oppression is too extreme of a word not really relevant in the West. But sometimes they do have to speak up more for certain things or else a society structured the way it is would not adjust in fairness. At the same time, we can't live behind excuses either. Personally, I accept that certain less privileged groups have more freedom of speech. As I said, they overall may need it more to vouch for themselves. When I hear a gay person speak against straight people behavior or even an African American speak up about discrimination, I want to listen up. I feel like these two groups are still given an unfairly hard time for something out of their control. Every group has strikes working against them in society, and I think for white, male, and straight people... political correctness is their strike. Who's in power always changes, but I've noticed, it's always like this.

• I am not getting that much support nor upvotes lol I wish.
    what I notice is girls tend to have more guys upvoting them and girls downvoting them
    and guys vis versa
    each one will be curious to the person he is attracted to :P

• I think I answer my fair share of both genders questions. I don't think anyone is going out of their way to ignore questions from specific genders.

• What are U talking about I get downvoted and blocked all the time

• Maybe. I just answer which ones I can answer and try to give helpful advice. Or say something stupid-funny for a laugh. If someone asks a genuine question I don't know how to give advice on, I'm not going to waste their time with an "I don't know" response.

What Guys Said 13

• It's not just on GAG, women get more support almost everywhere. It's just got to do with the fact that women are perceived 'weak', and need support. This is also the main reason why a lot more men than women commit suicide.,. Men hardly get support, and are left to fend for themselves during crises because men having problems is seen as a sign of 'weakness'.

• I absolutely agree. But did you also know that females attempt suicide much more than men? This is because their methods aren't as full proof as ours, but if they were then the female suicide rate would rival ours 3 to 1.

• MHO is right here...

• im pretty sure girls, in general, get more support, even if its by the smallest fraction.

• Let's be real, quite a few guys on here don't have much social interaction, some people even rely on gag for social interaction. Therefore, "whiteknightism" and putting women on a pedastal will be an ongoing issue among certain guys on Gag.

• I don't know about questions but I find the general standard of female takes much higher than male that said I think many more females write takes. There are a few good prolific male take writers but I would say 80 t0 85% of the top prolific take writers are female. Of course your point is if males received same support they would write more takes. I honestly don't know just throwing random theories around, the format might suit females more.

• No, not about who writes more Takes, it's about who will be shown more interest regardless. A female could write only 2 or 3 and she would still probably get more traction.

• I get you now - If it is subconscious, it is going to be hard to measure because you don't realise you are doing it - I trying to think about my question selection personal/emotive stuff mostly female, serious heavy political stuff maybe lean towards male and then the light/other questions probably a tie.

• No, I don't think it's like that and no I have not noticed anything that way, but you could be right. However it doesn't really matter to me.

• On gag and in life.

• Well this is girl ask guys website but, guys ask a lot of questions as well. I do agree with you about how many women questions get more responds than guys.
    To me women ask a question that is mature who want a mature answer. Some guys ask perverted questions or questions that are too bias to answer.
    And like you said it could be how society just easily bend to a woman more than men.
    You should do a poll about the men and women questions and get more than a couple of opinions.

• yes but its small cause some of the stuff girls post I dont even answer sometimes

• Just one of the perks have having blobs

Hehehe perks & boobs

• As a guy I just prefer women. Maybe that comes across in my GaG activities but you know it's Girls ask Guys, not Guys ask Other Guys.

• nah, i think they're just more active so more people know them/are on friendly terms

• You think? lol

• Yep. Just like the real world. Guys are expected to suck it up, and ignore their emotions, and women get the help they need. I agree with what someone else said about females being seen as victims. Women are supposedly these weak victims that need help, whereas guys are expected to act like "real men" and deal with it ourselves.