Do people post rate me questions to boost their pathetic sagging egos or because they know how thirsty gagers can be?

Weigh in below.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wouldn't it be both? Sometimes people genuinely just want an outside perspective on their physical appearance. Other times, they may be very self conscious and so, knowing how a lot of people online, GaG included, sugar-coat their opinions of the appearance of others and can easily rate someone who's more like a 5 with a 9.

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly the whole rate me area is a bit of a minefield of psychological reasons - I find it easier just to give benefit of the doubt in the rate me questions - I am always afraid of calling someone out as an attention whore and it turns out they genuinely have low self esteem. The thirsty gagger syndrome doesn't make sense to me because does anyone actually think they will get anywhere by blanket bombing girls with attention until one cracks.

What Girls Said 10

• I think it is some of both. So far I have never seen anyone look absolutely ugly, although most posters seem as though they have low self esteem the majority of them look fairly decent, or even good looking... which leads me to think that most of the times it is fishing for compliments. It could be genuine curiosity but I think the latter.

• It's kind of a win-win, right? They're helping out the thirsty gaggers by posting their photos for them to wank it to, and in the process getting their egos boosted.

• Why gagers want to look at obese girls with shit like camera quality. When internet is full of super models?

• Both most likely.

Sometimes you'll find the exception of someone who is truly self conscious about something but rarely.

• If I were to do a Rate Me question it'd be to (hopefully) boost my ego lol

• At least you admit it

• Lol I freely admit to my flaws. I accept them. I take no issue in owning them. Makes people hate me but whatever lol

• I think it depends on the person. Some people may be curious, some may want a confidence boost, and some may just want to hear others compliment them and like the attention.

• Both. lol

• I'd say most of the rate me questions are asked because of low self-esteem or to get attention.

• Both. Some could just post out of boredom too.

• A little from column A... a little from column B...

• Both...

What Guys Said 9