Is GaG sometimes the wrong place to be?

I woke up this morning with my romantic status the last thing on my mind. I logged on GaG for a catch up but a few questions about valentines, getting over exes , meeting people etc and I find myself thinking "Geez, I feel a bit lonely today"
Anybody else get like that while logged on to site occasionally or am I just having another mid life crisis?

Is GaG sometimes the wrong place to be?

Most Helpful Girl

• I take it you've already had a cup of tea?

No I don't but then I do socialise a lot and I am relatively recently single and quite enjoying myself at the moment.

However, I have felt lonely in the past and it looked like everyone was either in a relationship, in a "something" or hooking up with someone and I felt a little left out. But then all the drama begins because they think he's cheating, he's not paying as much attention as he used to, do you think she still wants to be with me, I wanna get out because she's getting on my nerves...

Be thankful that your romantic life is drama free because no doubt you will meet someone you like and then you'll be posting question on here like "I met a really nice lady but she ,,,, ?"

😉😉

Most Helpful Guy

• Gag is like a drink sometimes in the moment it can be the best thing but later after you wake up it's really bad, like a hangover.

So basically it's both the best and worst at times.

What Girls Said 5

• I think it's normal to feel a bit lonely about relationships since that's a big motivator for a lot of us to get into relationships. You just have to decide if it's one of those passing days or one of the changing days.

I think it's also really good you're around KDA! You're a really good guy to help the people who are upset about not having a valentine put things in perspective and that's way more important than your relationship status any day

• hah yeah i can kinda relate. i guess GaG has that "so wrong but so right" aura about it sometimes.

• I logged on today and wanted to deactivate. It's becoming a daily thing now.

• Yea I just took a week off. The way GAG is going I may take another week or 2.

• I totally get what you mean and have felt that way before. I get little bouts of loneliness sometimes, but reading a funny post and contributing to that helps.

• I agree - You are right, a passing phase

• It happens every once in a while but it will be alright! :)

What Guys Said 9

• woah, woah this is about me isn't it? Sorry that I ain't been around for you man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lsjdUUha4s

I just want you to know that somewhere deep down in my heart. . . . I love you

I'm just messin' anyway I just think you need to have a laugh, and have some fun (life's short as they say) and you don't wana end up in hell (trust me I've been there)

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

Keep your head up and keep your chin up, you got this on lockdown man

• Actually it does feel like an age since I saw you - Great to see you again

• likewise pal, DooMguy is kinda a uh, party guy. When you're feeling down you come see DooMguy and I'll sort you out, it's all sunshine rainbows and dead bunnies with me

• I dont know about you but if it werent for G@G I'd feel much more lonely haha. Why dont you go on Tinder to find a nice girl, who is also lonely, to see the new Deadpool movie together on the 14th? Okay I know Tinder might not be the right place to look but there are nice people even there, and I think that nowadays online dating is the fastest way to meet someone.
    As for me, here are my plans for V day
    media.giphy.com/media/q01WJwWC2yR1u/giphy.gif

• I know what you mean about feeling less lonely on GaG - Those romantic lonliness are just passing thoughts more so than a constant feeling - I am just having one now and decided to ask a question about it - I'll get over it by lunchtime I'll be thinking of something far less trivial.

• Thou protesteth not enough. "Sometimes" can never come into play, since GAG is in reality NEVER the place to be! ; - )

• I agree with you! Although I'm usually happy being single, seeing people on GAG post all these lovey-dovey questions and myTakes does give me a temporary feeling of loneliness and hopelessness.

• Hey buddy, welcome to the club. G@G is definitely the wrong place to be if you'd rather concerntrate on the personal aspects of your life. Sure yeah.
    But to answer your catharsis, yeah, you ain't alone. When life's good its great otherwise we just remember how mortal we are. Sometimes you just gotta think 'what am I doing here advising someone I know almost nothing about, somewhere far away and probably someone I may never meet. I got to get my stuff together and live it out'. But sometimes when nothing else is going and you need a place to belong. Sure G@G is as welcome as any. You'll always find someone with a misfortune here. Nothing like empathy to raise your spirits eh?

• Every now and then... but then i remember that things are about to change globally, and the rules of the game are going to be altered. Many of the people who are seemingly at the top (especially a lot of women) will be brought down, and a lot of people who are at the bottom will be brought up. A lot of people in relationships at the moment can't afford to be in one, have rushed into hooking up with the closest person to them in order to avoid being alone, vs searching outside of their comfort zone (work/school) to find someone that actually compliments their personalities best. A lot of things are going to change in the coming years, and i can't wait.

• I don't feel bad. I understand how this impacts more younger people. They think they should have a boyfriend or girlfriend, they feel the same pressure we older ones do, but we can rationalize and be more indifferent to them. So it's worse for people around 16 and 23.

But yeah, can hapeen. Now, You will not see that only on GaG, give it more time and it will be everywhere, tv, radio, all web, stores.

I'm like "meh yeah"

• Some chicks dig the older guys, especially a lot of the older chicks. The game isn't over for you just yet

• Hmm I never felt lonely, coming here

• Thanks for answering

• Oh yeah - Agree with you there

• Staring at the snow like :(