2 girls start following me on here yesterday. I messaged them but they didn't replied back? Any girl out there have done that? And why?

Most Helpful Girl

• @BertMAcklinFBI is right. But also, just because you add someone as a follow doesn't always mean that you want to chat in PMs.

FYI.. you can't gain followers being anonymous. Im sure you know that, but just sayin' you'll get to "know" a lot more users if you don't do the anonymous thing. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• gotta love the tried and true argument of "this isn't a dating site." Coffee shops aren't dating sites, but people meet their SO's there all the time. Gyms aren't dating sites, yet people meet their SO's there all the time. Star Trek conventions aren't dating sites, but people meet their SO's there all the time. The bus stop where you see the same girl every morning isn't a dating site, but people meet up that way all the time. My point being this: a "dating site" is really anywhere where two people can meet and interact. There aren't a whole lot of prerequisites in terms of the venue in which two people meet, so i disagree with all the people using that as an argument for why those girls don't respond to you.

In my opinion, they probably followed you because they were expecting to follow you back. Guys get a lot of hate for being harassing/perverted and what not on here and elsewhere, and some of it is justified. But lets not forget women too have a vice, and that's attention. GaG isn't a whole lot different from facebook, in which you'll see girls with like a 1000 friends, when in reality they may actually only have real interactions with like 12 of them. It just looks good to have a lot of followers. That being said, if you only messaged them yesterday, give it a few more days before making a call one way or the other

• typo correction

*In my opinion, they probably followed you because they were expecting you to follow them back

What Girls Said 7

• some people here follow you because they like your opinions, photos or personality, not necessarily because they wanna get to know u. not that u aren't great, but not everyone wants to make that effort.

• This is not a dating site. This isn't a site really geared toward private messaging. Follow requests should not be seen as an invitation to talk.

• Says the girl with the boyfriend

• @Dabe0154 - if GAG were geared toward dating then they would market it as such.

• WanNah hear something funny? I was at the eye doctor the other week and connected to their wifi and this site was blocked and categorized as dating lol

• Just because they added you doesn't mean they're in the mood to talk to be honest. Many female users don't respond to messages with just a "hey" or similar greeting.

• With me, I sometimes forget to check my messages and I'm not online for very long amounts of time usually. I try to get back as quickly as possible, but sometimes it takes a while. Also, if I don't refresh my browser I do not receive notifications.

• Sorry but I usually don't reply at all if there's just a "hey" or I don't feel like talking at that moment.

• I could get not replying if you just don't feel like it at the moment but, "hey"? WTF. It's not threatening at all!

• Lol. This exactly. I feel the same way.

• I would always reply. If I followed that means Im interested.

• That's what I was thinking 😅
      Why she followed if not interested 😂

• @Squidward how can you say that? Ever heard of the word 'gay'?

• @YourFutureEx but they said nohomo.

• I have done that.
    When they follow you, it means they would like to read your posts in future, but it doesn't mean that thy wpuld like to be friends with you necesaarily. Its like reading an author's work, but no intention of befriending them.

What Guys Said 7

• most girls on this site are suspect to PMs if you don't have much to say other than "hi", regardless of following you or not.

• Lol buddy don't take this too seriously. Some people aren't in a mood to talk. And another thing is that girls on here are swamped by messages, so it might take time for them to get back to you.

• Just because they follow you doesn't mean they want you to start pming them without any reason. They may simply like what you posts and whatnot and it's not always about being attracted to you and what not. Perhaps you need to start a conversation better rather than just say hi or hello. Have some content to it man.

• Hahaha u think this is tinder?
    They didn't match u dude lol just followed

• What did you text them? If you asked them for nudes then they won't text you back LOL :-P

And no I have texted girls before and they have replied to me...

• I think a lot of people just follow others here hoping they'll get a follow back.

• The women here are kinda selfish and once they follow you, they will unfollow you not too long after. I guess their egotistical minds make them think they are above everyone

• That's not true at all.

• @Polswedgirl not for all girls, but for most

• Huh? That's not the case man. Maybe they don't like some of the things you are saying in the long run.