Why is everyone so sensitive on this site?

There was a question on here yesterday about Germany taking in large amounts of Syrian refugees and the OP asked why they, the Germans, we're taking so many in. I innocently and non offensively said that they are failing to see the potential threat. I figured since the Paris attack where the terrorists came into France hiding amongst Syrian refugees, and a string of other smaller or even thwarted attacks people would understand that. And my comment was deleted, along with a few other comments that weren't exactly bleeding heart in nature. Why, all it does is skew the opinions, it's like a government silencing its opponents so the vast majority of people think everything is all peachy. It's rather sad. And I've seen a few comments and questions that I thought needed to be taken down, but I don't understand why this particular one was taken down. I mean you can talk about sex and weird fetishes all day, but if you give an honest opinion on a political topic, you get jumped on by everyone who doesn't agree. Isn't that what this site is about, honest opinions?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people are just extremely sensitive in general. I was on a completely different social media site the other day when I got told by a guy that he hoped I died just because I told him I wasn't available when he asked about it.
    This site is also filled with young people, including myself. Unfortunately, a good portion of today's youth tends to be really sensitive about stuff and many of them don't know how to handle opposing opinions. While that is completely classic of young people, the sensitivity issue I think is kind of due to our society being easily offended and everything.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• a lot of people talk about users like this and it's really annoying actually.

people are different and will respond to different things in different ways. we ain't all thick skinned and we ain't all sensitive either, so please realise that not everyone is going to be like you on the internet. thanks.

• Okay, but to hide my opinion simply because I don't agree with you is a mature decision, at least a decision becoming of an admin, how? That was the point of this post, not to piss off everyone who disagrees with me about an issue I didn't intend to be the focus of this post.

• oh yeah i know u weren't. i never meant my tone to be aggressive in my opinion. i can understand where ur coming from.

it's interesting though- we respond to other's challenges in different ways. when someone challenges my voice, that's when ill stop giving it to them, even if i have something to say. most people here would idiotically conclude that because I'm not gonna waste my time, i have no argument. I'm okay with letting people think that though. it's quite amusing.

• I understand, and that's good that you can let things be like that, sometimes I wish I could as well but my brain won't let me, lol

• Your opinion was not removed, it was hidden. There is a difference between hidden posts and removed posts. If a post is actually removed by admins, you receive a message explaining the removal reason. Your post has been reinstated back on the site.

• Ah I see, I've never had a post removed, at least I don't think, so I wasn't sure how that worked. But I suppose I overreacted. I just thought it was odd that it was gone, like I'd said something terrible when I didn't think I'd said anything bad.

• Lol no worries, I understand :)

• Thanks😊

What Guys Said 4

• I've found that pretty much anything goes, as long as you religiously avoid any references to colostomy bags and Mongoloidism.

• Welcome to the internet were nothing makes sense and there are trolls everywhere.

i1.kym-cdn.com/.../ee6.gif

• As sensitive as my dick when I ejaculate, yes.

• This is a private site not government. They can take down any comment from bigots or hateful people if they please.

• But I'm not a hateful person or a bigot, I'm simply stating the truth. There is a real threat with the large influx of refugees, weve already seen a large attack that occurred because of this. It's not an attack on Muslims at all, I'm not saying that we deny them passage, but perhaps be a little more cautious about it. I'm not being a bigot, I'm being realistic. Just because I'm not a bleeding heart liberal doesn't mean I'm a hateful person. It's offensive to me to hear you call me that when you don't even know me, and you hide behind an anonymous post to boot.

• Well "realistic" people know a private website can remove anything they want.

• Again, understood, and a realistic person should rightly expect a realistic reason as to why.