So, GaG has gone full facebook now?

We can't downvote opinions anymore
They've added the option to comment on comments
And they've got a heart to like something, but, as I said, we can't dislike it.

GaG, why? Here I was thinkin' you were doing good on avoiding pointless updates!

Discuss how you feel below, maybe someone noticed something else different? Have you?

Ignore the comment on comments thing, I bemoaned it before I tested it. But furthermore - where's the follow feature for questions, GaG? Weren't you supposedly bringing that back, hm?

Most Helpful Guy

• God damn delicate flowers, I really liked the down vote option. I don't think it was ever really abused.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 41

• What the fuck is this Care Bear heart bullshit? There are hearts EVERYWHERE
    MAKE IT STOP
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...b696f9b726.jpg

• Yep pretty much my opinion of this update.

• Yuck! That picture of vomiting is gross! I mean totally gross. I'm going to downvote you for that. I'm going to... going to... Uh, I mean... Errr... Never mind!

• BRING BACK THE FUCKING DOWNVOTE!

• I don't like the stupid heart thing, Thumbs up/Thumbs down is best. I think this will just lead to many more insults, people posting stuff like "you went full retard", "fuck off", etc... which will mean more blocks and more frustrated people in general who just get sick of the site.

The last thing this site needs to turn into is an SJW's "safe space room" where everything is sanitized so only 1 opinion is the "right" opinion.

• They should make data-driven marketing decisions and consult with experts who can interpret them, not rely on the opinions of "omg testers".

Obviously they don't value flaky opinions to sway their decisions, just validate them. Basic market research would indicate that consumers love the ability to police free conversations themselves through yes/no voting, so taking it away literally adds nothing to the website.

Not only that, they miss another data point that could serve well in future studies.

• The down votes must have been hurting people's feelings.

Political Correctness - 1
    Sanity - 0

I hate when they make changes and shuffle the deck on us. When will GAG, and pretty much the entire world learn? K. I. S. S.: Keep It Simple Stupid!

• Take my heart Steve. I think GAG cured my GAG addiction.

• Yeah, I mean, I'm not a big voter either way really, but I'd think on an advice site it's important for what the general consensus would deem poor advice to be able to be down voted into the farthest corners of oblivion, no? I'm sure this is probably about making GAG friendlier and/or combatting trolls who claim for down votes, but this is a big time swing and miss in my opinion.

• *claim = aim

• we'll see how things go after a week. they usually listen to us right?

• I'd say it's about 50/50. Sometimes we're the evil step sisters, and sometimes we're Cinderella to them.

• Bert you must use your power for good this time.

• We can probably just comment "Downvote" on people's opinions as an alternative

• I think taking away down-votes is dumb.

"They've added the option to comment on comments"

I'm confused, couldn't we always do that?

• To be fair before I tested it out, I thought it was going to stack them like it does on facebook. I didn't think it was the same ol' auto tag that it was lol

• @BellePepper I know, silly me.

• @BellePepper
      Yeah, this is disappointing :(

teawrecks I was wondering that too. They were supposedly working on that :/

• Liking questions is fun. I can see the the desire to have a positive atmosphere, removing downvotes is one way to accomplish that. It's certainly why Facebook operates as such. However Facebook is much much different, they have a plethora of users across the globe, there's one site and its international, Facebook is more than just status updates. That model works well in the context of Facebook.

But a site that focuses on opinions, the option to upvote and downvote added to a unique experience.

• Welcome to PC gag were you can't downvote anyone for fear of hurting their feelings.

Honestly I do not like the update, and the new look, it's annoying and I do not want blessed hearts on my opinions lol. Hopefully they'll change it back in a week or so.

• It seems like I can no longer just downvote and walk away... I have to be a ass now.
    The downvote thing helped me to understand how much the opinion is considered wrong by both genders. There were questions where 13 upvotes from girls and 23 downvotes from guys on the same opinion were seen. But now it will be no more seen.
    Additionally we use to play up or downvotes games often.
    BRING BACK OUR DOWNVOTES.

• I agree with you - It does seem like it is blanding the site down a bit possibly to attract more mainstream use.

• The only update they should do is - bring back the Follow question...
    and you are right, removing the downvotes was completely unnecessary.

• Well, there is jo wall shit.

• Only thing I like is that I can upvote questions.
    But come on gag, let's not get so touchy feely

• We can't down vote anymore because @KDA20 question inspired the admins to force G@Gers to be nice to each other.
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1875802-is-akda20-the-reason-we-have-no-more-downvotes

• GAG shouldn't try to be like facebook - facebook has become a bit boring.

• It's looking like a Facebook made for teens.

• This shit. People can express their opinions but we can't downvote if we disagree? What is the point of that?

• Hahaha wtf is this

• And here I thought I didn't have a Facebook...

• well guess ill have to say it outloud

• It's a little jarring, but I think we'll get used to it eventually.

We always complain for the next couple weeks after every update anyway.

But I will agree. No downvotes is kind of lame.

• @teawrecks it's for the best that there isn't a downvote option. if you ever posted a selfie you'll see why...

• First let me understand all this then we'll talk about this :P

• Eh it's not terrible. Lets just see where it goes

• It's hideous, and I'm not allowed to anonymously be a bitch anymore by just downvoting. Bleh.

• Haha @Blueeyes81 if you have time for complaining about something this mundane I think you have way to much time on your hands.

• The point being that it's going to cause more arguments and flame wars.

• Well, at least people will now give reasons for disagreeing with a comment, instead of shooting your opinion down with a dislike.

• I want it to be changed back if they want something to occupy their time they should work on a mobile app.. Let's protest!!!

I miss the down vote button...
    They was no problem what are they fixing? Smh!!!

This is what happen when you try to be a perfectionist you soon start fucking shit up under the name of perfection.

• we must REVOLT!

• Yeah I think I'm done asking questions for the duration of the Heart situation.

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 22

• I SERIOUSLY cannot with this. The heart is too much. GaG is not a magical girl. It's a sweaty kid in their parents' basement asking weird questions at *best*.

I also do NOT like the flag change. Wtf is the follow option STILL NOT HERE? Not being able to just quietly downvote things is going to cause problems too. I'm sure my secret male downvoter is sobbing into his body pillow as we speak.

Thanks so much for making my job harder and adding more ridiculous features *AGAIN* GaG.

• I didn't know we couldn't downvote opinions anymore. I just refreshed the site and saw this and it's so different. I dunno, I don't think it looks very good and if you can't dislike opinions, then one of the most basic functions of the site has been removed.

• Exactly, and they still haven't brought back the feature of following questions, etc. like they said they would. Instead they removed one of the things that make GaG what it is.

• I'll just say
    Your comment sucks ass
    From now on
    Since I can't downvote

• Ha, that works.

• Or can you... it seems like comment on the comment, and comment on the opinion do the same thing...

• @0112358 commenting is the same as before... they just moved the reply icon from the right to the left side and wrote "reply to comment" next to it to make it more obvious... before many people didn't know you can use the reply button to reply and automatically add the tag

• It's not meant to be just like Facebook. The "like" feature just seemed to be more interactive and will allow users to like questions and myTakes. Extending the "like" feature to opinions made more sense to be consistent.

Thanks for your feedback though! We're paying attention to everyone's thoughts, opinions, and reactions :)

• At this point I don't even care about the updates anymore.
    Though it would be nice if they hadn't taken away the option to downvote people. Just change the down arrow to an upside down heart. Would look like an ass.

• I DONNTTTT LIIIIKEEEE ITTTTTT!!!

the things that happen while I'm asleep i swear -.- i don't care about the down votes, the LAYOUT is strange!

• It's an advice site, you need the negative with the positive. If you agree up vote, disagree downvote. It's helpful to sort out majority opinion. Sometimes I won't reply because what I want to say has been said, I'll up vote that person. If I see terrible advice I give a downvote. The asker then has a better view of an overall majority opinion, and can sort the best from the worst advice based on that.

• Ironically, with you Posting but Not Boasting this Question, @teawrecks, I just Noticed These Changes.
    I have been on GAG for over 2 years and still counting, and I just go along with the punches with all the Changes they make in logging In... I never know what They will do Next.
    Good luck. xx

• I think there should be a downvote in case you disagree without having to type a commen t that you are disagreeing with an opinion this will make life harder here.
    Upside to this less hard feelings between users.
    #BringBack👇

• We can't downvote? How flippin pc is that? That was my way of politely disagreeing. Now I'm just going to have to come out and fight gloves off!

And the hearts? Blahhhhhh
    Maybe that's just a Valentine's day stunt. Oh I so hope!

• The only good part is that you can like like/upvote questions and takes now. Other than that, the update was unnecessary.

• That cute heart thingy is so fcking beta!!!
    Downvote option was the only alpha thing and they removed it. This site gon beta for real now.

Do you agree, guys?
    @consultantisback
    @t3stosterone
    @polocrew

• I agree... I don't know why they had to update.. and worst thing is removal of down vote feature.. and you know.. I hate fb.. I stopped using it in 20 minutes.. and never found it interesting again..

• K. At first i was confused but now I just don't care.

• I'm not the biggest fan of it. It's going to take a lot of getting used to too.

• Indeed. It's totally obnoxious they add yet ANOTHER heart when the asker likes an opinion, too. Like. Go away, hearts. Why?

Tell me this is just a Valentines thing. Lawd please.
      (side note: I know it's not)

• @GirlsAskGuys please change it back! Most people seem to hate this new update.

• probably the worst update since they got rid of posting comments to comments on the livefeed.

i've also just realized that we can no longer jump right to girl or guy comments that are further down on the page without scrolling.

• Worst update since I'm a member. I want the downvotes back please T_T

• yea I liked the downvote thingy
    hopefully they ll put it again adding the viewing part though. Like knowing who downvoted us.

• WTF is with this new update?

• Blah. It'll take getting used to. Just like every other update. It's not that bad to me.

• I dont really care