How long do you think it will take for all the #updatehate to die down?

There are already 5 million questions so what's one more eh? πŸ˜’

The #updatehate is real.

Most Helpful Guy

• It feels like there's a coup attempt going on in our little village (GAG) and the power box for downvoting was just shot down by a stray rocket causing more chaos. Lol everyone running around like who do we trust? Where are our leaders?

This update is ass though

• Lol such an imagination you have.

• The dust is clearing, still a little confusion among users just noticing the changes but for the most part we got stability back.
      Among the causalities include Ihavetofart missnowhere, um mslioness, tony72722
      49. media. tumblr. com/.../...266ycG1s5ty3yo1_500. gif

I will assume power soon so get a doomsday set ready cause I plan on going down swing :P and I will bring back the downvote and follow feature lmao alright let me stop

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 22

• BRING BACK THE FUCKING DOWNVOTE OPTION

• I'm not hating on it. I'm reasonably explaining why I dislike it. I'm going to copy paste here what I said somewhere else. Feel free if you want to discuss this.

Seems Gag are encouraging people to argue and have discussions for people who disagree. Instead of downvoting and call it a day. I very much prefer for users to have the option to discuss about a topic, but now it's either comment or gfto. Also, I have no idea since when we started agreeing and liking certain opinions to "loving" them. It seems absurd to me. So how's the new dynamic? Either love what people say or justify why you don't agree? Promoting more bias anyone?

Hey, I might be looking at it from the wrong point of view. But of all the changes I've seen since early last year this seems to be the worst because it really messes up with the whole gag dynamic. It reeeaaally does. Let's see how it goes, they might come up with the cure for gag addiction which seems to be what they're aiming for lol

• I saw this original post. I get where you're coming from. I had a love/hate relationship with the downvote button. On one hand I felt like it allowed people to be cowardly. There would downvotes on comments that literally answered the question at hand.

Example:

Question- Where are you from?
      Answer-The US
      (73 downvotes)

Like what was the point for downvoting that?

But I also liked the option because sometimes you just see an insanely rude and offensive comment and you don't even have ever the energy to argue. You could downvote and move on.

So I get it.

• Yes, I see what you're pointing out here. But when it comes to those ninja random downvotes we where all on the same treatment anyways. And personally, it didn't bothered me.

But more debates and arguments will come out from this most possibly. This will be a troll haven too. Actually I just read what @ConsultantIsBack just jokingly said (nothing against you man), but I can certainly imagine all of the trolls saying that to themselves right now lol. They're welcoming passive agressive and annoying comments even further with this. Again, this is all my perspective and I could be 99% wrong here.

Also, there's no going around the ❤️ thing. I think it's plain stupid. So let's see what happens.

• I get it. I'm not disagreeing. I feel like it could possibly backfire and encourage the trolls. Which wouldn't be cool. I guess we'll see in the next few days or so.

• I love it haha all you MFers can't down vote me, Hahaha they're gonna go crazy

• It reminds me of some of the polls on here...
    What do you think of me?
    A. You are beautiful
    B. You are very beautiful
    C. You are the most beautiful

So now I have the choice to like it or like it.

#DownVoteTheNoDownVoteUpdate

• Change is bad, CHAR, when will they learn?😒

• They think they can take downvotes way from us? They are either fools or madmen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjwNRnO52Ik

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

Brothers, sisters, I envy you. To fight the enemy of our nation, to face the people who would deny us even our right to downvote, is an honor we all aspire to. Our flag means nothing if not held aloft in the hands of the mighty, and it is you who now carries it!

We owe our followers a debt, but we cannot allow the ghosts of their memories to stop us from doing what must be done. They did what they had to in order to survive, and so must we. To those who cling to the old ways, I say this: Do not mourn our followers, for you shall meet them soon enough

Are you a true gagger? The true gagger knows only hardship. The true gagger understands that the needs of the many come before the needs of the individual. . .

Many years ago my father was asked: β€œAre you not afraid?” His reply? β€œI know why I am here. Why should I be afraid?” Fear is born of uncertainty. We fear nothing because our purpose is clear and our path is certain. To be Helghast is to know your place in the universe, and from that certainty comes the strength to conquer all

The Admins speak of the individual. They preach of the rights of every man. Of one man. Who is this person @girlsaskguys and why is he more important than the rest? Why do the needs of the few come before the many? So I ask you this: How can this one man hope to stand against a unified gag website?

• woops it's meant to be *to be gaggers is to know your place in the universe

• Where do you make these things? 😂

I think in order to bring back the downvotes, we have to sacrifice our advantage of +3 xper for every 5 💙

Would you wanna exchange?

• @YourFutureEx I didn't make it myself just some diaglue lines from a game but they've got the impact we need (soon I'll re-group the army)

I'd exchange anything for downvotes back, I worked hard to get me some of my downvotes and now they're gone?

"What right do they have to tell us how to vote? What authority do they have over our very lives?"

• Whats worse is that now the notification for mentions isn't working. There is no way to know if someone tagged you lol

• they're too dumb to stop hating.

was that a hateful remark? :P lol

• Let's talk more about the updates and how awful they are! ;)

• I WOULD DOWNVOTE YOUR QUESTION BUT UH OH

• How ever long it takes the Admins to bring back the downvote button is how long it will take for things to die down.

• xD I'm a bit 'meh' about it myself, but oh well, guess we just got to get used to it for now
    it's going better atm

• I suppose the last humans will still have moments of hate.

• Who knows the most probable thing is that they will change it back.

• THIS UPDATE DESERVES ALL THE HATE ITS GETTING

• I love how everyone is losing their effing minds right now 😂😂

• 2 weeks before something becomes a habit.

• probably about a week, till we all forget

• Even moderators and uber moderators have taken up arms, lol.

• Lol well just because we're mods doesn't mean we agree on everything. The update was a surprise to us too.

• I wanna write something cool and funny so i can get attention. But Alas, I've got nothing.

• Probably when we're dead and the next generation G@Gers start taking over...

• Duh. Another question about update -__-

What Girls Said 15

• Probably until the downvote option comes back :P

• The update hate is mad real, it's slowing my fuckin' computer down. I wasn't even THAT active to begin with, but I'm definitely about to fade away again because of it. Not worth the slowness on my computer OR phone. I'll just have to find something else to occupy my time with other than GaG when I get bored.

• I don't hate it. It's more like it's confusing my brain like mad. It's going to take a bit to get used to this. Though I'm glad they got rid of the downvote thing. That gets rid of that kind of mess and hate. :)

So I'm manly struggling with finding the share opinion button. I'm probably going to keep accidentally pressing the MHO when I mean to add my opinion on questions I make. :D

For a second I thought they change the liking to hearts since it's close to valentines day in like 24 days.

• I really don't see what the big fucking deal is.

At least it makes the perpetually negative trolls have to work a little bit... BUT...

http://replygif.net/i/1279.gif

I'll just be glad when people finally STFU about it ☺

• Probably when it stops sucking so bad and I can downvote again.

• I miss the down vote button "so much" because if your opinion did not help me I think you have the right to know that and vice versa. The way gag tells you the question asker up voted your opinion is ridiculous. Why do gag give you the option of most important opinion at the bottom of "everyone's" opinion.😒😒😒😡

• The MHO star was always located on everyone's opinion. Not sure why they removed the downvote tho.

• Lol, probably by tomorrow or Sunday. While I'm not a fan of one of the updates, it's not a huge deal.

• I JUST WOKE UP AND THIS IS WHAT I ARRIVE TO?
    UGHHHHHH.

• EH... maybe 3 days?

• It'll die down when G@G starts listening to it's users. 😛

I ain't even mad. I'm just kinda salty because they got rid of the downvote feature.

• My problem is with the new layout I don't care for it. As for the lack of the down vote I rarely used it. If it's gone why not get rid of the like button also.

• Oops I'm just noticing all this update stuff.

• A couple of days at least, as usual.

• No idea how long it will take. I just hope it happens

• 365 days 😐😐😐