How do you feel that downvotes are gone?

I just noticed this feature missing, there is only up votes.

• Good
  • Bad

Most Helpful Guy

• I vote 'A' aka GOOD

Just because down votes didn't have any relevance even if for just data collection of sorts for GAG.

Down votes here were more of a hate crime kind of stuff lol Did more bad than good :D

• What bad did they do?

• Thank you, young lady for your kind, generous, thoughtful and gracious gesture of selecting my opinion the MHO :)

• Anytime :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted 'Bad' but now I'm not sure, it was very useful and nice to see what other people think in an easy way. I think it was an easy way to show your view on someones opinion without having to comment yourself. But on the other hand this may be a good thing too because now you have to tell why you don't agree. It's easy to downvote someones opinion without explaining why, this update encourages more interaction which is good I guess.

What Guys Said 22

• 4|3
  • I've just seen it... but I think that the community will ask for it to come back. Some people just love to downvote things can't live without it. Not counting that some comments deserve to be downvoted.

• I'm chilin d00d

• All the dumb comments and especially trolls need how we feel about their comments. Also if someone gives dumb advice, we could let the asker know the world disagrees with that. As an editor i think you would be in a good position to tell GAG about this problem.

• What are my passive aggressive haters gonna do now? Lmao

• post some edgy comments instead so they can be directly aggressive, I'll start, you're too chiseled :P

• @ConsultantIsBack haha are you lowkey saying his mom's a slut and passing it off as a compliment?

But nah you're right... the trolls have one less tool at their disposal

• 1|2
  • Bring them back but show the users name behind the down votes and ANON can't down vote

• That's a good suggestion.

• ... what do you mean "anon can't downvote", the only way you can tell if someone is an anon if they're the question asker, and it seems odd for the QA not being able to vote.

• I am talking bout other ANON users that come in and down vote your comment

• insatiablebooksluts.com/.../...o-celebrate-gif.gif
    The DownVote Button can rot in hell where it belongs!

• That decision is a pretty big blunder in my opinion.

• Not good. Down voting showed you the amount of people that disagreed with you. It was interesting to know who had a divergent viewpoint from yours. Now no one will know, since I doubt people are going to confront other with different viewpoints. It seemed more practical to just down vote and leave.

• It's really stupid. This place has enough ass kissing as it is.

• Also it doesn't show how popular an opinion is. I can say something like "all black people are gay" and it might get many votes from fucked up people, before you could be sure to see how people thought about opinion.

• If someone really cared all they would have to do is comment saying how much of an asshole you are. It's really just that simple.

• I really hate it.

I'm actually debating if I should just leave.

• It's annoying. Sometimes I just want to pass through and downvote something. I don't feel the need to make a full comment about how said person is being a jackass. They're not worthy of that much of my time and effort.

• Its like they want to start a verbal war. Ground zero every question. Down votes were supposed to be polite, now we've to be extra civil with each other.

• I don't like the new update. As soon as you get comfortable with one version GaG updates it again and it's kind of annoying

• Might be because this sight is based on opinions from other people. Could mean that everyone has the right to an opinion and offended if it's downvoted? Not completely sure though

• How will I passive aggressively let people know that I disapprove of their idiocy?

• i personally don't care. activity will decrease though. many enjoy the downvotes they receive.

• I miss down votes now I have to say it out loud ohh well

• Wow, that's ridiculous, why did they delete that...

• I'm all like: Nooooooooooooo, downvoting was my favorite pastime, dammit!!!
    Jk jk. I did kinda like downvotes. Sometimes I like pissing people off so getting down-voted meant I succeeded lol.

• Sorry, but with all the trolls that post offensive, and often blatantly wrong answers that the admins refuse to take down, they are necessary.

What Girls Said 9

• Downvotes were a good alternative to outright verbal abuse/disagreement. Now every time you disagree with someone, you have to get into it with them. No thanks. Let me just disagree and float away into the ether please.

• But, the downvotes were so... educational.

I mean, I'm thinking especially of the relationship threads, where someone would post something which would get 6/0 upvotes and 0/7 downvotes. Very quick -- and very effective -- lesson in the differences between male and female thinking about relationship stuff. Ya know?

Now that sort of input has been lost.

• It's good..

Now we can all enjoy our safe spaces.

• Really good!

• I care more about people knowing I disagree with their opinion than having them know I like their opinion. So it kinda sucks:(

• I miss my down voters!!! 😫😫😭😭😭💔

• *downvote*

• why didn't I get a notification of your mention? :o

it had good and bad sides... I think they should have kept the old system and just added up/dowvotes to questions but I can live with it the way it is now too... I'll just tell people in comments if they talk bullshit

• @Yumix see... this can lead to more bad arguments

• It doesn't really bother me as it does many users. I didn't really downvote to begin with.

• C. Apathetic.

• I never used it much but I think it was a bad move by GAG.