Is anyone else a little pissed off that you can no longer down-vote anything on GAG?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, i'm pretty much pissed off... why did they have to remove downvotes :(

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really care... I can still tell them in a comment that they posted bullshit

What Girls Said 16

• The up-votes vs. down-votes were pretty revealing, especially on the relationship and sex threads.

I mean... If you were a Martian visiting Earth for the first time, and you knew absolutely nothing about Earth relationships, you could learn a LOT about the differences between how boys think and how girls think, just by finding the posts that had tons of up-votes from one sex and tons of down-votes from the other sex.

Now, at least for the moment, those learning opportunities are not there.

• yessss!!! like WHYYYYY

• I don't particularly care. I think if they were to bring it back, they should make the down voter state why they down voted the opinion for discussion purposes.

• no its just u!

• Nawh! It shouldn't really matter I guess because no one should truly take anything anyone says on here to heart! I think this promotes positivity rather than negativity

• No, because it seemed like some people went through all the comments just downvoting every reply out there but providing no reason as to why.

• Not at all! People have a right to an opinion and if you don't like it, you still have options, take no notice and respect what their opinion is as long as it's not fake or write your view to that writer.. Simple! Down cite is really a pikers way of staying behind a curtain against an opinion. :))

• Nope. There wasn't a reason to do it in the first place besides simply disagreeing with someone or purposely doing it to make their answer look bad... lol. The first can simply be noted by stating "I disagree".

• There isn't a reason to like a post either in the first place besides simply agreeing with someone or purposely doing it to make their answer look good... lol. The first can simply be noted by stating "I agree".

?

• That's the reason why I do it: to give points to people and show that I like their comment. And it's silly to simply state "I agree" when a like does that. When someone disagrees, a debate can happen.

It's also why I make sure to pick MHG: so that no fool that I don't care for gets it.

• Or a debate can not happen if neither side responds. It's the same thing. A dislike button is just as important as a like button

All this update is saying is that you need to justify why you disagree with something but we don't care why you agree with something. Apparently this place was too negative... So their solution is instead of just giving an opinion a thumbs down... They want us to just argue about and probably verbally assault each other instead. Much better!

It's just dumb

• Have you not seen the other 1000 questions on how everyone is annoyed? Haha

• I actually haven't, I only just logged on for the first time this week and posted this as soon as I noticed it haha XD

• Just scroll down your feed. You'll see just how many others are pissed.

• Yes I am

• Eh, I guess, I really don't care for it.

• Yes. It's retarded. I want to be able to down vote.

• if the option is gone, why are there two rows of guy and girl zeroes?

• comments and likes, you just can't dislike anything

• Oh! the 2nd row, is for the # of comments?

• Who's NOT a lot pissed off about not being able to downvote is the real question.

• Yes, its really rather stupid that they removed that option. It helped to see who agreed/disagreed with our opinions...

What Guys Said 8

• All that really means to me is that there had been one more trolling opportunity that is rendered gone.

It was removed probably to prevent some trolling or angry users from constantly hating on any other user and try to absolutely downvote every single one of their posts intentionally to reduce their "XP".

But to me it's all good, I don't have to worry about that myself anymore and I never trolled anyone like that. But even if they didn't I really don't give a shit about the whole XP thing. I would like to get to Level 7 just so the stupid ads stop popping up randomly and constantly though.

• I just responded to a post by a so-called Super Moderator. The topic was a serious one and I responded at length, disagreeing with his assertion and offering sound rebuttal to his misconceptions. I also diid this in a very polite way. He clearly had no way to counter my argument, so instead of responding, he simply said "Yeah, thanks a lot. Now I have another nutcase I can block". He then blocked me and ran away like a cowardly mope. I guess this is the new method of down voting.

• Not really. If anything I think it will encourage people to actually speak up and say what problem they have if they feel it is strong enough to show that they disagree. As it was you didn't even know who was down voting you. I bet most of the people that are upset about it, would be even more upset if they revealed who was down voting each person. I think there were too many people that just liked to hide in the shadows and criticize the opinions of others.

• No, I am not. I don't really care if that feature is there or not there.

• Lol here come the gaggers overseas waking up in for a lovely surprise

• Nope, not even a little.

• People would know the reason why someone doesn't agree with their opinion pretty simply that way, now it's hard to know who agrees and disagrees.

• really? i didn't notice it