Do you like the GaG update?

So I noticed if you want to upvote something, then you click Like. GaG is starting to become like Instagram wtf... anyways, was there even a downvote? Because I didn't see one. And to reply, its at the bottom middle of the comment and it says "Reply", who knows, maybe there's more things that have changed. But judging by your experience of the recent update, what do you think?

• Love it
  • Meh, its ok.
  • I couldn't care less
  • I don't like it
there's NO DOWNVOTES, WHAT THE FUCK IS MY LIFE

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I fucking hate it. I want the downvote option back!!!

What Guys Said 11

• I like that they got rid of down votes. Too often they were used to troll and hurt people. Imagine saying something like "Being raped wasn't your fault" only for some asshole to anonymously down vote that. The down votes could be more offensive than a lot of people realize.

• i'm just going to have to type that out now.

• I guess, but still, if thats a good reason for taking away down votes then the same reason would apply to taking away opinions, which could just as easily be used to troll or offend as well, more so as a matter of fact, but that would be hell not to be able to comment on someones opinion. I don't know.

• The difference is that people could get away anonymously with the down voting option.

• I love it. All you passive aggressive mother fuckers are gonna go crazy not being able to down vote me baha

• They should have brought back Follow the question, and I really don't know why have they removed Downvoting...

• Yes, I guess change is something that keep happening here on GAG on a regular basis.

• B.
    I've seen a few updates and every few months people rage over the latest. We'll all get used to it and forget what it was like before.

We can like questions which is cool.

• Voted C, I guess they took away another Trolling opportunity and possibility.

• just another way to mask negativity.

lame.

• lame indeed._.

• True true, then we may have no say in the matter :/

• this my friend is an example of 'social conditioning'

=(

• I came here to bug you, But GaG is doing it for me... Guess i hate it :P

• I like that you can now upvote (or not) questions.

• you could always upvote, but down voting is pretty crucial for myself.

• I don't like it

• The adds are real. Dang. can't wait till im higher xper.

What Girls Said 11

• GAG has to appeal to the crybabies who hate downvotes... definitely a bummer.

• in my opinion, it's the worst update since I'm a member.

• I don't care really.

• I hate it. It's too "hearty" and "cluttery" and not "downvotey" enough.

• Exactly, and as we all know the GaG community isn't all "lovey dovey" we always down vote and disagree with each other, its just how we are, even though we're all still amazing people. GaG is trying to make itself more like Insta or Twitter etc.

• definitely too hearty.

perhaps it'll get the heave ho after valentines

• It would appear the majority don't like it. @GirlsAskGuys you listening?

• I goddamn hate the change. People should be free to express their own opinions. Stupidest change ever. Im already searching for new forums

@girlsaskguys

• This Turkish website is fraud

• BRING BACK THE DOWN VOTE

• I didn't even notice until saw this post.

• There's no way to down vote an opinion, that's not a good thing!

• I guess I will eventually get used to it.