Why did GAG remove the down like button since this was one of the really cool thing I liked about this site?

Who is happy or upset like I am. Also explain why because maybe we can bring it back. Lets make a petition to bring it back if we have enough people.

• Happy it is removed and why
    21% (5)25% (4)22% (9)Vote
  • Mad and Upset to see it removed and why
    79% (19)75% (12)78% (31)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
7|8

Most Helpful Girl

• Same here. This update sucks.

2|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I am not happy about it. People say that it was causing negativity but I think it was the other way around. The negative and unnecessarily rude answers and opinions were
    often the ones that were downvoted.

1|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I like that they removed it; too many people use this place as a dumping ground for senseless negativity instead of actually being sensible enough to constructively critique other people's work or questions. Too many people shit on each other aimlessly, so I think it's epic that they got rid of it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Right it's not fun anymore. You see there's a pansy heart it's all love here or some nonsense. How am I supposed to tell someone they're stupid without actually arguing it? lol. Then again I'm sure it was affecting people some sort of way and over-abused like I'm sure some people would just like down-vote my answer just bc they probably don't like me or just to be funny, trollin what have you.

3|1
    0|0
  • I miss it. I found it fun seeing if people down voted me. I don't see why it was necessary to remove it.

3|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't bother me. It could have been used for nefarious purposes (to make someone's comment look horrid or because one didn't care about the person). I would know because I've done that and would have continued to do it.

Besides this, someone could simply state that they don't agree with the comment and a healthy debate (or demeaning argument) could ensue. The loss provides positive encouragement and erases the irrational assumption that someone is "wrong" because they have more down-votes than positive.

1|0
    0|0
  • Couldn't care one way or the other.

0|0
    0|0
  • Apparently it was removed because some PC people were upset about being downvoted.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• I'm not happy about the downvote thing being removed, but I'm much more upset because they haven't brought back the Follow question ability :(

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm glad because people who downvote me usually dont have a brain, lol.

-Lets just put it this way. If you want to down vote someone, you'll just have to up vote everyone else. ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • I still verbally downvote people regardless

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a bitter sweet taste

0|0
    0|0
  • How about an option for "Don't care either way" ?

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it was removed because it was abused at times and made some people pissed

1|0
    0|0