What's wrong with discussing suicide?

my previous question was hidden "How would you commit suicide" for having "suicidal tendencies". i knew this would happen. we can't discuss suicide now? silly ass censorship.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol. I don't know why it would be hidden unless if they feared (or people reported it because) it may push people who have suicidal tendencies to try the creative ways that people would have answered.

I'll go ahead and answer your question: I would want to do it by methane poisoning.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's stupid if there's one thing you should be able to talk about that should be it.

What Girls Said 7

• Well, I do understand to a degree why they wouldn't want a question such as "How would you commit suicide?" being asked on the site. It might trigger some people and give way to ideas on how to commit suicide for those who are looking for them. I do believe the topic of suicide should be allowed to be discussed, but you have to make sure that what you are asking is appropriate. There is nothing at all wrong with discussing suicide, but there are proper or better ways to go about it.

• let's hear your suggestions.

• It's not so much they fear someone will commit suicide, but it's more that it's best to be safe than sorry. While we should be able to speak our minds, sometimes there are things that should be left unsaid.

• circular logic.

time to just accept people have no self control around here.

• It's in the FAQ. You can't post questions glorifying suicide.

• nobody reads the faq unless it's pointed out to them, as in this case.

understood.

• I really don't know, I mean in that particular case I think it's just the worry that if you give people ideas on how to do it or an easy way to they will, I read awhile back about some phenomenon surrounding that whole idea, but it really annoys me when people say "something stupid/silly" in place of "kill yourself".

• yea... definitely that phenomenon. it's poor reasoning for not talking about suicide. but when someone ends up dead, reasoning goes out the window. hmph

• Nothing wrong as long as no one tries to commit suicide after that.
    By the way i wouldn't try suicide. I love being original but probably all ways of suicide are already used and tried so i could not do something special.

• Something about not spreading that stuff around.

• The logic button in your brain is stuck. Please unstick it so you can see the stupidity of this question.

• Because you might be giving ideas to extremely depressed peiole who come on this site with suicidal tendencies. So I'm not surprised that question went down its insensitive

What Guys Said 1

• There's a fine line between telling someone how you would commit suicide, and assisting someone to commit suicide. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's probably the thinking behind it.

• i reckon the only person who'd get answers pertaining to the question, would be marilyn manson --- or the like.