Fake Profile Picture. Why Bother?

I am curious why people would use an obviously fake profile picture on this site. If it is not you why would you do it?

I was curious what other people thought and so many thanks for all your replies.

I have changed my own picture a few times, mostly with my face concealed and I have noticed that the number of private messages I get sent varied on the picture I displayed. The more cleavage I showed, the more messages I got. It is not rocket science but it shows you what gets peoples attention.

Most Helpful Girl

• I won't put a real picture of me up here for the reason I was harassed on another site by some pervy guys. Ended up having to change email address too, thought that sucked. I was afraid it might happen here too.

Which could be a reason that some girls don't or won't put their pictures up here as well.

I considered finding a blonde girl in a stock photo, that seemed too fake, not me. I thought the cartoon was cute, very much girly like me.

Besides, if I did put my picture here would anyone recognize me, for real?

What Guys Said 12

• I do not even have a picture here of me on my profile.. but I am not fake in any way and never have been.. I do not deceive people weather it be on here or in real life, I do not like fake people at any time and wonder very much why people try to be who they are not.. rather then who they are.. my profile says a lot about me and it is 100 percent true but if people want to think I am fake.. well so be it.. I have not really cared my whole life so far about how others view me.. only the ones I meet count to me, that is one reason I do not go to dating sites..7 times out of ten the women you think you may be talking to is actually a guy that made a women's account.. that is very low of them to do that.. but its the net and to each their own I guess.

• because they are dumb enuff to believe people are dumber than them

• My culinary skills are awesome and way more interesting than my dumb ass face.

• To Catfish and for them guys to have a sexual conversation with themselves !_!

• I don't know. I don't like posting pictures of myself online so I just put the logo of my favorite baseball team instead of posting a picture of some random person and pretending I'm them

• No Idea, for the attention I guess?

• I haven't even put up a picture :|

• you mean like mine?

• I never put fake pics, mine are real... I dont know why people do it...

• I use real pictures, just not ones where my face is visible.

• its just for fun I think but if someone ask to me see me I can send them mine pics

• you seem so fucking sexy by the way
    how do i message you?

What Girls Said 11

• people just wanna come off a certain way rather than be themselves, OR they don't want to show themselves so they put up a pic of someone or something else. i respect anonymity but i don't get why it has to be another person. why not a piglet or something? :)

• Because cats are cute and no one should forget it.

• Catfishes. Not really sure why they do it. I guess they have a super low self-esteem and pretending to be someone else makes them happy.

• I'm not friends with anyone from this site in real life so no one needs to be able to identify me by my photo.

• What do you mean by "fake" exactly? Like a picture of a cat or a picture of someone who appears to be a model? Lol.
    If it's the former, well, some people just don't want to show their face and just want to have something else there. If it's the latter, it's probably because they're insecure and want validation from others. Or they think it's funny when people are gullible.

• Popularity thing.

• I honestly just find good angles and confused everyone! hahaha I love gag!

• I don't get this either.. 😕

• They're trying to catfish certain users on Gag or be someone they aren't. Either one of the two

• why so mooky.. for me its just fun to put a funny pic

• @Let_me_do_that I figured that man isn't you lol I know some people who just do it for fun, but you have users who ask for rates and it's not them lol it's Gag, it's bound to happen :)

• I don't know why.

• I have nothing to hide... but this site isn't about getting advice from a photo of a good looking person. Photos shouldn't matter. It's not that big of a deal.

• attention probably