Do you hate or love the new update?

I think in my opinion removing downvote is dumb, but that's just me and the format is crap.. you can't see whether someone has commented already if the question has polls

• I really hate it.. What the shit GAG?
  • I totes love it..
  • I don't really care...

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really mind the update except for the downvote button being deleted. That bothers me. Neither the hearts nor other changes annoy me though.

(The following is copy pasted from another opinion of mine pertaining to this. Too lazy to rewrite it all xD)

I actually really like the downvote function.

Here's why:
    A bit of a random example, but let's say someone asked the question "How do I look?" and then someone makes an incredibly racist comment that happens to not get hidden (I've seen em plenty of times before). Normally, in old GAG, that would be downvoted to oblivion for just reasons and there would be maybe 2 or 3 people with similar prejudiced mindsets who agree.
    In new GAG format, all we can see would be the likes and comments. Hardly anyone ever wants to comment and start a fight with people, so people (like OP) would see the racist comment and the 2-3 upvotes/likes. That's like saying that the racist people are right in what they said and condones their behavior.

Another example:
    Let's say someone asks a question like "Does she like me?" Then, a user comments and decides to totally give awful advice to his question. Normally, people would read the bad advice and downvote, sometimes commenting. There would be maybe like 2 upvotes from people who thought the opinion was funny or are just trolling and upvoting to screw with people. Now under 18 OP is going to see the awful advice and be like "oh wow I guess this is what I need to do" considering the upvotes.

Yeah, these are possibly specific/outlandish examples, but to say this couldn't happen now is a lie.

Considering the nature of this site-- advice, downvoting is necessary. This, at the heart of it, is not a social media site like Facebook. Being able to agree or disagree with certain opinons/comments/questions is dire importance to an advice website such as this. It tells what opinions are good and what opinions are bad. Looking at only upvotes does not give an accurate representation of good and bad.

I appreciate the effort of GAG for trying to bring updates to the site. Some of them have been really nice actually. The "like" feature for questions is good in my opinion. But the downvote abolishment is quite bad. It is turning it into Facebook, and GAG should definitely not be like Facebook.

What Girls Said 8

• Not another one of these questions -_-

• I don't always search, in fact I never search whether or not a question has been asked before and I just woke up and saw this ridiculous update not knowing it has been asked numerous times.

• And yet you chose my question out of all of them to say that. What's up with that?

• Oh I said it to a few of them.

• What the shit gag is right :/

• I am indifferent!

• i miss the dislikes button >:(

• I really don't care. I'll get used to it just like every other one.

• I honestly miss the old updated one...

• I HATE soooo BAD!!!

• I'm missing the dislikes.

What Guys Said 7

• I dislike it, instead of removing the downvote, they should have brought back the Follow question ability.

• Neither, it's okay, I don't really care

• it's stupid... I don't understand why developers waste time on such little things like appearance of tabs.

• You can show you like it, you just can't show you don't like it. It's a form of censorship.

• We are all winners, there is no discrimination a. k. a downvoting. Yaaay, I can finally be agreeable with everybody..

NO!!!

• I don't mind the UI update in regarding to the font and stuff, but I definitely don't like the hearts all over the place. When it comes to the functionality, I really don't like how the down-votes are gone.

• No down voting is the very reason I never liked facebook from the get go.

• Missing Downvote?

• We will just have to start writing in our down votes, ( DOWN VOTE! ), would you agree?