Wtf happened to the site?

I left for about two days and I come back to see this? No dislikes? This isn't Facebook, it's an opinion website where people give opinions on things and people disagree or agree with it with having to comment on them.

Updates are meant to make the site better, but with GaG each update make the site worse...

• I agree with you
  • Okay
  • Deal with it
  • (No disagree option because apparently we don't do that here anymore)
Some of us don't want rose tinted glasses I want to see if people disagree with me...
Really missing that button

Most Helpful Guy

• This site incorporated some nasty changes, which made everything so clunky. Not liking the update at all. Why fix something that isn't broken?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• You say "This isn't Facebook", yet it is. It started as a site where one could ask questions on how the other sex thought and understood things. It has become a site where people "like" each other more than the information. And people work at increasing their "follows". And lots of socializing. In other words, Facebook.

• For most of us, well I know for me, it's not social media site. I come here to help people out when thy have questions and ask questions (hence the name Girls ASK Guys), if people like my opinions they can like my posts or even follow me but if they disagree they can dislike my posts. That's the purpose of the website...

• Same here. I pointed out the way it was before, which is basically the way you saw it, and what it has changed to, which is what you are now noticing. I see good points to the way it IS, but also see that many times that interferes with the way it WAS. The "purpose" can change and is whatever the owners want it to be, which will be motivated by... wait for it... Money!

One of the biggest clues is that the votes used to be up arrows and down arrows, which signified thoughts about the content. The most recent changes include the heart, which is a symbol of emotion, not thought. And emotion is definitely more Facebook than GAG.

• I am also frustrated by that. The world is not perfect so we would be doing ourselves a disservice if we pretend it was. We shouldn't be hiding from the fact that people disagree but excepting it because you can't hide or block people who disagree with you in real life, your going to be forced to confront that fact sooner or later. Why disagreeing is seen so negatively on this site I have no idea.

• Exactly, it is an opinion site after all..

• GaG has a habit of doing this. They'll implement one idea that makes sense (such as the new "Reply to this comment feature," which I think is a fantastic idea -- no more manually tagging people sounds great) while implementing another that makes zero sense (removing downvotes, for example).

They also *still* use the same layout wherein Question Updates appear (and get lost) under Poll options, which has always been a pet peeve of mine. You can see it on this very question -- even though your update didn't add anything new to the question, I bet most people glossed right over it after voting.

• It doesn't make any sense.

• My question or the update?

• Certain 'popular' and regular gagers.

These changes just pointless now. I think they're doing it for the fun of it now lol. New Times Roman? Really? I don't really care about the font wbu?

• I mainly only notice it on those selfie questions or the "tag your favorite gager" questions :/

I like the old font better but I don't think its a big deal. On the positive side it is easier to read.

• You take that back! Downvotes are the work of the devil!
    A civilised person will engage in intellectual debate!

• True, but once the debate is done, you downvote! Bwahahah!

• Sometimes you can't be bothered and some opinions I disagree with aren't even debate-worthy..

• Someone explained to me is that the reason they got rid of the dislike/downvote option is because they want people to actually comment what they disagree with. But I still find it stupid and want that button back

• The majority of us aren't bothered to comment and some opinions don't deserve replies so if that's the reason the GAG developers or whatever need to rethink that one

• Does it matter?

• Yeah, kinda, it might not to you though

• Not sure I like this new update. Who knows what they will change next.

• Who knows what the GAG gang has for us in store? lol

What Girls Said 8

• Agreed. What kind of discussions will be possible if the only way to disagree or counter opinions will be to leave a comment explaining your view point? Which sounds simple enough but I'm pretty sure that 90% of people won't bother taking the time and effort to actually put some thought into specifically what they disagree with.

... and so the alternate reality to the real world that GaG provides continues.

• I definitely agree.

• Eh don't pay attention to it!

• Not liking it at all.

• I noticed this too.

• You can still post your opinions saying that you disagree

• Most people won't do that though

• I mean... The dislike button gave users the option to dislike other users contribution to gag. I think this kinda opens gag up to be more open to any type of advice or opinion without being "disliked" for giving your two cents. I kinda like it. But sometimes I just want to downvote an opinion and I miss that feature. At least we still have the anon feature, lol. Than we'd all be screwed.

• But now people lik trolls will have an advantage, instead of just disliking and moving on, people will just not bother and their opinions might be taken seriously...

• Someone up there probably did not like that certain opinions got thousands of downvotes.