Do u (on pun intended) like the idea of the downvote button being taken away, and only having an upvote button?

This is a recent GaG change and I am curious to hear what people think about this change!

#PleaseAndThankYou

• I am for this website only having a like/upvote button
  • Not a fan of the dislike/downvote button being removed

Most Helpful Girl

• I honestly hate how much they've changed this site! It's gotten ridiculous! I'm never on here because it's change too much. There's no chat, they've changed the voting system, the Xper system is different. When I started back in 2012 it was so much more enjoyable. But after meebo was taken down it went downhill

Most Helpful Guy

• Having only an upvote means "approve this answer, shut up or face the consequences (like being blocked)."

• Dude u can be so dramatic! :-P

I see it as a way to eliminate those damn "pessimism trolls " from anonymously downvoting everyone. Now they have to reveal themselves if they want to show their disagree-ance.

• down voting and up voting are the voice of the silent majority who don't want to start flames.

• I suppose the few pessimism trolls ruined it for the many. :-/

What Girls Said 11

• I want the downvotes back. Even if I rarely use them, but was cool to know people can agree or disagree with something by those upvotes or downvotes.

• You take that back you dirty slim shady lover!

• I'd tear your hubby a new one with my bars!

Cut me some slack. Conjugated verbs are difficult!

• @YusiBear Haha XD yeah dude, suuure

I'll die. I can't be your teacher.

• No not one bit to be frank...

I just don't understand why they removed our rights to disagree with someone. If they honestly think that that's a way to bring down the drama it is the exact opposite. It was a peaceful way to disagree with someone or their point of view by taking that away it only results into people forcibly commenting and having arguments. And not only that but I'm actually more upset about not being able to get feed back and seeing if people disagree with me or not than I am about no longer having the ability to disagree myself.

Also I just personally don't see the point in them allowing the likes to stand tall if the other half can't be heard. If others people opinion about your opinion is seen as pointless then it should be pointless as a whole not just a half. One shouldn't just be seen as more important than the other.

Over all these updates are pointless like the total of our comments. Why on earth do we need to keep track of how many comments are under our opinions not to mention how many are from guys and fr girls? Who cares? We still don't have the ability to follow questions again... It was pointless to change it to begin with. They switched friends to follows and the list just goes on and on.
    GAG is trying to be something that it just isn't. After every update this site becomes more and more like Twitter and all other social media sites. This is a site where you're suppose to give and seek advice and instead we're to busy liking, loving, hearting or whatever you want to call it each others opinions. They just need to stop trying to make it "new and improved". If it ain't broke don't fix it 😕

• I don't like it being gone.

When the downvote button was here it was good - you could disagree with someone's opinion without being rude or hurtful. It also helped the admins see if someone was being troublesome and could remove it. People now have nothing to stop themselves being offensive or making stupid comments.

• It irritates me to no end.

• i don't like it either way really

• With GAG taking the down vote away they may as well take the like button away too. Because if I don't get any LIKES my bittty butt may be hurt. LOL hahahaaha

• We don't want ur bitty butt to be hurt! ;-)

• This is GaG legislation to thwart those damn irritating "pessimism anonymous trolls" , they are forced to reveal their username if they chose to publicly show their disagree-ance.

• Most likely won't happen though.

• am gonna miss that downvote button >:(

• I neeeeed my down button!

• It makes me sad that it's gone.

• No, I absolutely hate not having the downvote button anymore.

• I couldn't care less. I'm tired of all the changes and this place's slow, agonizing devolution into a wannabe social media site. But at this point I've learned not to get worked up over any of it.

• Interesting... u believe that this site changing to be more social-media-like is a devolution instead of an evolution?

What Guys Said 4

• I thought of it as a cowardly machination all along. If you disagree with something someone says, at least have the cajones to spit it out and own-up to it. As Devo put it: "Are we not men (and women)!

• I hate change but I wonder if I was the only person who liked getting downvoted for petty things. Downvotes were funny to me

• I honestly don't care about it but I like the UI design

• I dont know why they were removed, other than gag trying to copy other social media sites to a T. Sorry, but there are trolls on here who post incorrect, and sometimes hurtful things, that the admins dont take down. The downvote serves a purpose. If they think its an "ego" thing, try calling the buttons "I agree" or "I disagree" instead of like/dislike or up and downvote.