How do people have the courage to do rate me questions?

i'd never do it, not even anonymously :/ are people who ask for ratings really sure of themselves?

Most Helpful Guy

• I did one out of boredom and curiosity

thought too I could never do one... I'm really insecure about my looks... but people told me here I look good which gave me the needed courage and confidence to do it. and it's not bad if you know how things work on the internet and don't take it too seriously.

• i just avoid putting lots of pictures of myself out there full stop. like my twitter and IG profile pics aren't of my face : P

• hahah i'll think about it ><

• if you do make sure to post it as removable link (not direct link, it will automatically upload to GAG servers which you can't remove anymore).
      and if you do a body one you can post anon anyway :P

Most Helpful Girl

• Same. I couldn't handle the criticism, and, frankly, I don't give a fuck about what random strangers on the internet think of me.

I guess the people who ask these questions are mostly just attention whores.

What Guys Said 12

• they're that desperate, probably.

or bored.

• They're either super desperate for any kind of feedback or they know they're attractive and do it to reinforce their beliefs..

Most people ask questions with the intention of getting an answer that they desire. Conformation bias is a powerful thing.

• RATE ME 1-10
    I'm not fishing for compliment guys.

• Fishing for compliments usually. Sometimes I think its cuz they are are really have no self confidence and their friends maybe say they are pretty but refuse to listen to it so they ask strangers?

• I think most people who do them are fishing for compliments. Meaning it isn't about 'courage', more about 'vanity'

• No, they're looking to boost their self esteem by getting a bunch of people on the internet to reassure them that they look OK. lol

• Have you seen many ugly people post pictures? Perhaps that will answer your question

• looool no mercy

• I haven't been on gag that long, but in most rate me questions I've seen the people look alright. Though, if I happen to see a really ugly picture I won't comment - I'll try to find something nice to say otherwise I won't say anything.

• good stuff :D don't be mean

• Cuz more times than no t they're fishing for compliments LOL

• Well it's the Internet, it's fairly anonymous. It doesn't take all that much bravery really

• They're mostly attention whores. by the way if that's you in the tiny pic, 8 :)

• yes it's me and ty haha :)

• lmao will do :P

• Oh don't stick out your tongue at a smart ass!! 🙈 I can't be held responsible for my actions!

• post pic and go: "hey please rate me" XD easy shit.

• it's not that easy to just put a picture for people to critique lol

• yeah ok you're right it's that easy, everyone thinks the same way as you do.

• i did it once too and i´m self conscious a lot. i guarantee you, you will get some complimets, cause you look ok judging from your pics. might as well try. just focus on the positive comments :D it will give you a confidence boost.

• Most of those people who do rate me's, already know they're hot

What Girls Said 7

• A lot of people asking rate me questions don't even post a photo of themselves. It's just a photo of a random person... from google LOL

• I like the ones that say it's not me it's a " friend" "family member"

• how did you not know if they were not quodlibets

• They had different age ranges haha

• It's not courage in my opinion. Some people are looking for compliments and some are insecure. Most are Anonymous which keeps people from seeing who the individual is.

• I'm insecure but still wouldn't do it though and true

• Lol. You shouldn't be. You're pretty. But I think what bothers me most about those questions is that there will be people who find you un/attractive... and that's okay (as long as they aren't rude).

• i don't mind if someone finds me unattractive but my self esteem is fragile and going anonymous makes someone confident to say mean things.
      and thank you :)

• I have no idea! I wouldn't dare lol

• Hahaha I've asked quite a few and they're fun.

• But mostly I only do it when I'm bored. It's interesting seeing the feedback even if more often than not Someone says you're just fishin

• I'd do it only if I thought I had the hot body for it.

• Those who don't have the courage will say "it's not me. this is my friend. please be kind ❤️❤️❤️"

• Attention whores and catfishes are always sure of themselves.