Is anyone else not so fond of deleting the downvote button?

First of all, I'm not the kind of gagger that downvotes every single opinion lol but somewhat i see that it shouldn't have been deleted, i would like to know who many agree AND disagree with me... But i don't know what u guys think, and yes, i know its not a big deal nor the end of the world lol XD

Most Helpful Guy

• All of the questions about it have already been asked yesterday. But yes, I don't like this change much. Comes off as catering to the needs of the overly sensitive PCs.

Most Helpful Girl

• It was a terrible decision. They shouldn't have done it. I want the downvotes back. #wewantdownvotes

What Guys Said 7

• I wish it had not been done away with for sure. But hey it wasn't my call to make

• 0|0
  • I just found out thanks to you lol, and yes I think is stupid that they removed it. this site is getting so lame.

• I don't like that its gone, I miss being able to share my opinion with a button

• I completely disagree with it. I've noticed that since it's been removed a lot more assholes have been voicing their opinions lately

• Yeah exactly!!! 😓 And we want to avoid arguments so we will just HAVE to avoid 😓 that downvoting button has a huge role on gag lol

• ... and we get to see who these assholes are. They don't get to click a downvote button and hide in the shadows anymore, which is a good thing. Exposure is good.

• I am okay with it

• I don't like them deleting it.

What Girls Said 5

• I wasn't one for down voting either! However I do firmly believe in free speech and all the rest. If we can express that we like and opinion, then we should surely be able to express our dismay when we don't agree with an opinion. I kinda miss it when people post nonsense on my threads and I just think... id be going to town on that down voting button right now... 😅😂

• I personally didn't care about and I'm not going to go through the whole spiel of why it made sense to delete it (promoting positive energy, people like me who purposely DV others because they're assholes, you can simply state that you disagree and promote constructive debated)... BUT I have seen a number of opinions that I wanted to DV, not because I didn't care about those people (I would have done that anyway), but because those opinions were foolhardy.

I also saw another comment on here that stated that she didn't want to get into arguments with people and downvoting allowed her to express her opinion without doing so. I understand that line of thought.

I still feel like it was better to NOT have it, but it was an unnecessary change.

• Yes, its maybe better if they didn't put it in the first place, but now that we got used to it... Its kinda annoying... And im totally like that girl you mentioned... I didn't want to say bad things or something that might " hurt" the person or even argue with them so i just use the downvote button... Some comments are so stupid that its hard to avoid them lol 😆

• I agree. It's stupid. It's probably done so people don't get their feelings hurt or something. It's just a downvote, I don't see why people take it so seriously.

• Exactly!! Besides, you don't actually get any notifications for it, so you won't even notice it XD besides... Not everyone agrees.. Life goes on XD

• It honestly doesn't really matter to me. I didn't use it that much anyways.

• I don't see how deleting the down vote option benefits thr website
    #bringbackthedownvoteoption