Were you smart in school?

• Yes I was pretty smart. Learned quickly, always had the highest grades
  • Eh.. I was pretty average compared to other students
  • No, I wasn't very smart. My grades were always low, and I had trouble picking things up
  • other

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I was smart, but I was also lazy as fuck which gave me average grades cause I never did my homework.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm very smart, but I sucked at school. I failed a lot.
    Smartness isn't defined by your grades.

• Yep, I've known some REALLY dense people who got straight A's in school/uni

• @RedRobin Same here. People that don't know how to tie a knot, but then get A's on everything. That's why the school system is a failure.

What Girls Said 23

• I was a nerd in high school and college.

• Never but I wish I was smart and dedicated but I could never manage the workload! I failed!

• lol I don't like to say pretty smart but I was one of the top
    like it depends before the bac I was in the top 10, like between 5,6,7
    and in the last 2 years since I did double baccalaureate we were only one class grouping all the nerds of the school so my ranking dropped lmfao

• I don't consider myself that smart, but yesterday, for example, I was called a computer and my classmates asked me to do both papers in Physics and I did them in 40 minutes. 😅
    I just excel in Programming, Physics, Biology, English and Romanian, but otherwise I'm average.

• We I went to a top 10 high-school. I'm pretty smart, but I stopped applying myself after my Algebra teacher failed half of my class and got away with it. Plus family life wasn't that great. I knew the work. I just didn't care.

• Smart.
    My parents had super strict rules about grades. Never allowed to get a C or lower haha. Got all As and Bs. On the honor roll, etc.

• Nope not good at school really.
    Especially science and math, those two classes I am hardly passing now

• I totally slacked off.

• I was a good student. Now I'm average I guess.

• Well Im still in school, but im smart.

• I maintained a B average

• I am smart, but am forced to learn below my level, because of my chronic fatigue. Sucks

• I was barely average.

• Nope, I was average. I'm not book smart BUT I do very well when at work.

• Not at all

• I'm smart but I'm lazy and don't show up and don't do work

• I was such a nerd >.<

• I guess, I have good grades, I study pretty much. When I'm not procrastinating by being on gag lol.

• I was, both in school and college.

• I had average grade because I was too lazy to make my homework and I always sleep or listen to music in class

• Nope, I was as smart as a kid with Down syndrome.

• Lol yeah. And now at college I'm failing, I'm a washed up gifted and talented student :/ . Because as arrogant as it sounds I got by in school just by being 'bright'; I didn't need to work that much, just listen in class and parrot back what the teachers said (that's a good memory more than any kind of skill). That's no good in college; you have to actually know how to study and learn independently :(

• Yes i was...

What Guys Said 18

• I always got A's on tests but never did homework. Because of the way grades are assigned, I would get very bad grades. I remember one day in the 7th grade they asked me if I was "Bored" and If I wanted to start taking harder classes. I told them of course I was bored but I don;t like the Homework. If you give me something I actually need to study for then maybe but I felt like only an Idiot couldn't understand what the science class was teaching. I really didn't see the point because so much of what was being taught just seemed obvious to me.

I learned later on in life that I could understand these things because I was excited about everything. I love figuring things out so Science was always a breeze and I loved writing. Believe it or not I loved writing essay's and wanted the class to consist of more of them as well as more grammar so that I could write something respectable instead of reading a book about a retard and his brother or something.

Math and languages were my only problems because I had a bad memory. I didn't like the idea of learning Spanish at the time. It actually made me sick and I despised the school for forcing me to learn it so no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't.

Then It was hard for me to remember the procedures. I did good when I understood what we were actually accomplishing and why the numbers were changing. But teachers only give you instructions to follow without explaining what is actually happening. It simply didn't work. My brain needs to know whats going on.

Very difficult to explain but I'll try: I have a problem where if there is no reason or no logic behind something, I cannot do it. I need to see the beginning middle and end as well as how I got there and why.

• I was test-smart so I got through high school and university with a 4.0 GPA. But it was mostly worthless because now I've forgotten over half of what I learned. I was just good at soaking up knowledge and regurgitating it back.

The only thing which I truly retained and excelled it were a few areas like mathematics, where I learned it and retained it and apply it regularly at my work.

• There's something of an art to testing as well, especially with multiple choice. We had a fake test one time in a psychology course with impossibly difficult questions. I didn't know any of the answers but got 89% correct. Second highest was like 42%. I just kind of recognized a pattern to the answers, a sequence in the wording or something of that sort. So you can excel at some forms of testing even without knowing the answers, but it doesn't mean you're actually learning a thing.

• I had good grades until around 5th grade. Then I became lazy and rebelling and by the time of 8th grade I had like 50% of my school-days as missing from school.

• The exact same thing happened to me. I did all my work until 6th grade and started being absent all the time and not doing any make up work or anything. I had to go to summer school one year

• I graduated from a pretty high ranking business school. I felt dumb in the program bc most of my classmates were smart as well. But I performed well enough to graduate cum laude.

• I was nerdy AF in elementary school, in high school I trained myself in learning with minimal effort and after that I tried university, I did nothing throughout a whole year, just exploring what it was all about then I dropped out as it wasn't for me. Perhaps I'll study something else in the future.

• I did okay - I got good grades

• I sucked at school, lol. Not very much incentive to study, except for my musical asperations... maybe later.

• i was quite smart actually xD but freaking lazy too, which compensated for it and made me an overall mediocre student ^^

• I would have been if I had cheated in tests. :D

• I wasn't smart so much as I was hard working One guy I knew always got the best grades no matter what. He studied just 20 min for a mid semester exam (in the restroom before our test) and got the highest grade in the class. If you are not smart, just work hard. It's not fair, I know, but it works one way or another.

• I was very smart but didn't care at the time. So basically I was stupid..

• Extremely smart, but very lazy.

• I could have been, but I didn't apply myself as much as I should have.

Still, I got average grades.

• I'm average 💁🏻

• I ran with the nerdy crowd.

• I was top of the class, but absent most of the time, doing drugs. Tough existence

• Meh. I get the A PRUS.

• Got outta high school with a 1.2 GPA