Do you guys like how GAG changed upvote/downvotes to like?

I'm glad bc it was kinda annoying getting downvotes if I had a meaningful opinion or something.

Most Helpful Guy

• No I actually valued the authenticity. I think it's important to understand how people really feel. We can't turn off people's ability to disagree or feel upset in person obviously. I would rather gag be more realistic and less sheltered. I'm guessing they think people will be more comfortable being sheltered which will lead to more page clicks and more $.

• They don't want to trigger anybody in their safespace. I may leave the website all together because of it, because I came here for unbiased opinions, and more and more it turns into a popularity contest between children

• @M_A_X Isn't a safe space about mitigating harassment? I've never seen down voting as harassment. I've always seen it as disagreeing. Some people just feel hurt or sad when they're disagreed with. It's still an advice site but it's lost a layer of expressing opinions.

• At it's core, safespaces are about crybabies 90% of the time. Whiny little crybabies whose egos can't keep up with their lack of success~

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't care one way or the other about GAG getting rid of the down vote. As far as that goes get rid of the likes also. Some may get butt hurt over not getting any likes. lol hahaha

What Guys Said 8

• i think it is stupid and counting the horrible habit that is going on where we try to convenience people that no matter what they say people will never disagree with them

• I like not getting downvoted by the MyTake or question's owner nowadays. Because unlike back then, now they'll actually "write" by text why they didn't like what I said or just go on about their day. Instead of an instant downvote without saying a thing -_-

• No I don't like it

• Eh, don't really care. If I had to choose then I would prefer the old style. More options, more info.

• I don't mind it.
    I never really cared about the down vote it's the internet it's not real and only someone clicking a button.
    We're all entitled to our own opinion.

• FYI, some opinions can be flat out objectively wrong. You're entitled to it in the same way you're free to say whatever stupid thing you want, but there are always going to be consequences. Removing downvotes just makes it harder for anyone to understand where they stand

• i can spam-clicking on the heart , i wonder if it will create many notifications ; p

• NOPE. It seems like a butthurt "I don't like negative views" kind of kid gloving.

• i hate it. it was more fun getting downvotes. :(

What Girls Said 6

• i don't like the love hearts. it just looks so generic. i don't care much for the down vote button. just this layout and this font is killing me. i mean whats the point of typing in 1 font and having it posted in another? -.-

• Not at all. Now disagreeing with someone has to start drama.

Plus, the whole website now looks like a Manic Pixie Dream Girl's ground up innards.

• I liked it better the way it was before. Don't really like this new way

• I think it encourages anon user opinion owners to post comments since they can not down vote thus revealing themselves, or maybe I'm just a conspiracy theorist

• Same here.,.

• I don't know how I dislike.