Would you be embarrassed if GAG suddenly decided to abolish the anonymous function?

Would you be embarrassed if GAG suddenly decided to abolish the anonymous function and exposed all of the things you have anonymously asked and answered?

• Yes I'd be kind of embarrassed
  • No I wouldn't be embarrassed
There are a lot of people saying that they never go anon, what about the people who do use the anon feature?

Most Helpful Guy

• I want them to get rid of that option. We'd have less sexist people, trolls, and cowards.

• You want honest people here. Anonymous people are often honest cause they know they won't be judged, which is why G@G is providing that option.

• @Squidward Mot of anonymous people are sexist, trolls, or just simply wanna hurt the person (that's why I never allow anonymous opinions anymore). Sure, some may be more honest, but I think overall, the anonymous option brings more bad than good.

• We are all anon anyway. My name really isn't the same as my userid.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't necessarily be embarrassed because I have no problem asserting my views unanonymously. However, there are some posts I would simply choose not to participate on. While some people abuse the anonymous feature, overall it serves a very unique, positive purpose where people feel comfortable being extremely vulnerable and sharing things they wouldn't normally reveal. Random strangers online are not entitled to this heightened vulnerability. You don't deserve to know who it is openly, honestly sharing just because you're nosey and no one here is obligated to share pieces of their mind with you.

So that would result in me and surely others sharing less which would create less transfers of genuine honesty, openness, and vulnerability.

What Guys Said 22

• Not embarrassed because I rarely ever use it. I would be irritated because that means people can no longer ask questions they are to shy to ask which is sort of the only good thing about GaG.

• im chillin d00d

• I almost never go anonymous. Don't post things I might regret later. So, don't care if they abolished it.

• I've stood by every opinion that I have ever written and never went anonymous.

• "No I wouldn't be embarrassed" Cuz I dont post anon anyway...

• no... I rarely use it. I've posted only 2-3 questions anon and they are nothing too bad... similar with opinions. I use it every now and then but it's nothing which would make me die in embarrassment.

I actually would like it... I can see why this site has it, but more often than not I think it's annoying... I prefer seeing who I'm talking to.

• 0|1
  • Nope, I don't go anonymous unless it's those guessing games

• I almost never post anything anon. I'm not ashamed of my posts and want my name attached to my opinions.

• When i first started GaGing, i did my douchebaggery openly, and then was more helpful in anon, but lately it's been the other way around... Sooooo... I'd feel kindof mixed...

• I never posted as Anonymous so, it wouldn't make a difference but, sometimes I'm curious who's hiding behind anon. So, if anon was abolished, I'm going to go back to find out who it was... LOL.

• I never post as anonymous. I am the way I am, I like what I like so the world better deal with it.

• No, because I never go anonymous.

• Never been anonymous and never will.
    So it won't make a difference to me 💁

• no i would not care, i rarely go anon

• Nope. I don't use that option, I'm not afraid to speak my mind.

• I've never used anonymous lol so I have nothing to be embarrassed about

• No I wouldn't because I never use it

• no but I would be blocked a lot more often cause im offensive too people cause I say the truth

• I go 100% anon... so if they did sth like dat I'd feel betrayed and leave once I cash in... although to reach there I'd have to accept being non-anonymous... ewww disgusting...

• A little. There are topics I don't feel comfortable talking about such as my personal sex life. I would be more angry about how they could hurt others by doing that though. If they would do that to all the people that have posted very personal things such as their experiences being raped, or abused then I would leave GAG permanently. The anonymous feature is there for a reason.

• Not embarrassed but angry. It's GaG's best feature and if they got rid of it it would show that they don't care at all about their users. I always go anonymous cause I love anonymity

What Girls Said 15

• I've never posted anon.

I've always been mildly amused by the idea of "anon" on a site where we're known only by usernames anyway. (yeah, I know, people use the same username cross-platform, etc)

Without anons this site would be a lot more boring, though. (Or, more likely, just a lot more infested with reddit-style throwaway accounts.)
    Anons ask a lot of trollbait questions, but they also ask a lot of the more interesting/provocative questions on here. And it's not like sniffing out the trollbait is exactly difficult.

• No , I wouldn't.

I hardly ever post anything in anonymous.

I figure if someone likes what I say, they like it.
    If they don't , they don't.
    Why hide and censor myself?

From hindsight, if you think about it those of us that don't have our photos up are anonymous in a way (in the fact that no one knows us here in the flesh).

• It's un-necessary for me to be anonymous. Its sort of like double strapping with a condom.

• Nah, I haven't used that feature in a long time. I've only been anonymous maybe three times when I first started using the site.

• No. I've only used it maybe a total of twice, and I disavowed the questions so they still wouldn't be tied to me regardless.

• Nope, I would just ride out the storm ✌️✌️✌️

• I hardly use it so idgaf

• Not a bit. I don't post anonymously. We are all pretty anonymous here as it is ☺

• Wouldn't bother me I rarely use the anon feature.

• I wouldn't care ^^

• No. I've hardly used anon anyway

• Not at all.

• I srarted going anonymous after answering a question about a woman's entitlement to breastfeed in public. Basically I got harassed by the @asker who sent vile rants to me by private message. Honestly who needs the hassle.

• Not in the slightest. I'd be a little disappointed though.

• Not embarrassed, but pissed off.

• Lol, yes. There are reasons I went anonymous in the first place. I would rather they respect my privacy.