Should GaG bring back the downvote?

This is a poll to the GaG editors of the site! WE WANT THE DOWNVOTE BACK!!! Listen to the people!

• BRING THE DOWNVOTE BACK!!
  • I do like the DOWNVOTE!!
  • I don't care

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I was actually about to ask the same question. I'm not a fan of them taking away our ability to down vote and definitely not a fan of these heart agreements/like 😒

I just don't understand why they removed our rights to disagree with someone. If they honestly think that that's a way to bring down the drama it is the exact opposite. It was a peaceful way to disagree with someone or their point of view by taking that away it only results into people forcibly commenting and having arguments. And not only that but I'm actually more upset about not being able to get feed back and seeing if people disagree with me or not than I am about no longer having the ability to disagree -_-

Also GAG is trying to be something that it just isn't. After every update this site becomes more and more like Twitter and all other social media sites. This is a sike where you're suppose to give and seek advice and instead we're to busy liking, loving, hearting or whatever you want to call it each others opinions. They just need to stop trying to make it "new and improved". If it ain't broke don't fix it 😕

• You know what I lied... I'm equally if not more pissed about not being able to down vote peoples opinions I disagree with than not being able to review what they thought about mine 😒

What Guys Said 20

• It makes no difference to me about the downvote. Sure, it's a way for people who want to avoid conflict to express they disagree with what someone said, but why can't you also do that by just telling someone you don't like what they said? If you feel it may escalate things, don't say anything at all and keep your comment to yourself. All of this frustration and rage over a simple thumbs down is seriously stupid, and to be honest, all of you bitching about it need to get over it.

inb4 if the downvote option was here, I'd receive downvotes from those who don't want to waste their time expressing why they disagree and would rather press a simple button which in no way, shape, or form explains WHY you disagree. Just that you do.

• I don't want it back. Good riddance.

• I don't really care about the downvotes, but I sure has hell want back the ability to follow questions and myTakes!

• no, im glad its gone. On too many occasions id get downvoted for non controversial opinions for no reason, usually when someone gets butthurt over something i said, like my dating preference. So now, people are forced to either speak up or shut up. I like it

• I actually like the idea of there being no down vote. It is one less trolling opportunity. Now if you want to disagree with or troll someone, you can't remain anonymous and just push a down vote button.

• Yes they should, as well as Follow question.

• GaG should bring back the pussy! YeahH! I'm the average voter in AMERICA yeah fuck Obama!

• I actually don't mind saying it to their face that I downvoted them and I don't have to really justify it either.

• Yes please its all pc and stupid now.

• I would like to see it make a return but I don't see that happening. I'd also like to see the hearts disappear.

• 69% VOTE IN FAVOR OF THE DOWNVOTE! COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT

• Don't care. Vote what you want.

• seems... pretty biased

• I enjoy being mindlessly downvoted, it makes my dick hard.

• honestly, I don't really care. there are other changes which annoy me more

• Vote B I doN'T like the DOWNVOTE?

It's annoying at times.

• Sometimes people really do need to be downvoted.

• don't care about that

• It makes no difference to me

• The numbers are falling with each passing day...

I see what your doing G@G!!!

What Girls Said 13

• Yes I do what it back... I wrote a take on why they should bring it back. Hopefully they listen.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a25142-why-removing-the-downvote-button-was-a-for-the-most-part-bad-idea

• It's nothing less than disallowing us our democratic right to vote.. Shame on you GAG

• Huh, editors?
    How are editors better or more entitled than everyone else? O_o
    But yeah.

• I definitely want it back. Pleeeeeeease.

• That poll is a bit biased, haha. I don't really care, though.

• I don't care. It was funny to make fun of when it happened, but now I feel all this complaining is getting out of hand.

• yes bring it back..

• Yes yes they should. I'm interested in seeing how many haters I have lmao.

• Yes! I realized that it was gone yesterday. I feel like I'm a way its taking away some freedom. I also think it could be helpful, maybe a lot of down votes would help someone rethink their stance.

• If GAG won't bring the down vote back they should at least get rid of the like button.

• Yes they should bring the down voted back.

• I want it back!!!

• I don't know who's bright idea it was to remove it in the first place, but then again I'm assuming it was the same person who brought about all these other dumb unnecessary changes.

I swear I've never seen a website ignore its faithful users' preferences like this one. It's like GAG is having a secret contest to see just how many crappy changes it can bring about before everyone finally gives up and says good riddance.