We have a "how do I look" section, but no "how is my personality" section, does this show how shallow we people are?

Because in general personality is more important than looks right?

1|1
6|5

Most Helpful Girl

• hmm i can see what ur saying, but i think looks is more valid [if it's their real picture]. rating someone's personality isn't really a thing. if u think about it, all of us on GaG only know as much about each other as we wish to tell. Our personalities here are mainly formed by what we say. Some user could come on and talk shit about who they are... and how would u know? U also get people asking us what we think their personalities would be like based on their looks. i seriously don't understand the thought process behind that.

0|0
    0|0
    • But our personality wouldn't be judged at every message.. Reading this statement you cannot tell what a giant pervert I am. We want opinions on our personality , that's the point. We can all put photos in DP, then why do we have HDIL section? Because we need opinion on our looks.

• Show All
    • *sniff sniff* I am moved.
      Not really.
      Still hate your takes :|

• haha shut up.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask yourself. Would you REALLY want so sift through fuck knows how many paragraphs of their personality's description just to give them a 5/7?

I know I wouldn't.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• The internet isn't a very valid place of judging each other's personalities. People may get along well regularly and have common interests but anyone can be whoever they want behind a computer screen to maintain whichever sort of personality they wished they had.

0|0
    0|0
    • It doesn't come naturally, if someone can fake a personality for long on internet all the time, with a little more effort he can fake it in real life too.

• Show All
    • Pweeese make it happen , ubey modarata.

• sorry, that's not within my abilities on this site. Plus I wouldn't support judging people on personalities in the first place, even if it's just their personality on this site. You know that would include a lot of negativity, and I personally think it's a lot easier to shrug off insults on your appearance than on who you are as a person. :/

• How can one's personality be gauged accurately in a text-based medium where all content and the resulting portrayal of character is controlled by oneself?

0|2
    0|0
    • Pherhaps the asker's definition of "personality" is shallow?

• Show All
    • Of course, if we both were not contrary, there would be no discussion.
      So what do you choose? Easy but shallow or difficult but profound?

• I'm not bothered either way, quite frankly. I find rate me questions of all kinds tiresome.

• Ha ha. Good point. But how would you judge personality over the Ihe internet?

0|0
    0|0
    • Like tell people how you are short tempered, arrogant , sweet, childish, prude, egoistic etc etc

• Show All
    • Anyway I think that the whole 'HDIL' section is not healthy anyway. When you ask people how you look, you are seeking validation from others... Why would you want to encourage that over personality as well?

• We are social creatures , what others think about us, affects us !! So its normal to seek validation from public. Too much of it is bad, because too much of anything is bad.

• I think because you notice a person looks than knowing a person's, you know, personality.
    But I know where you're going with this though. People are shallow (well some).

It's like this: Good looks lures people in while a good personality keeps them there... Hope I make sense :).

0|0
    0|0
  • hahah u r always fascinating me :p yeah u r right

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Well, this is a good question. However on the internet it's difficult to say how a person's personality is because one can easily lie and fake themselves, don't you think? but your question is good no doubt.

0|0
    0|0
    • Another question, if my question is good, why didn't you like it?

• If you think looks are meaningless then you need to do some deep thinking. Personality is very important but looks DO count. We are all human beings after all.

0|0
    0|0
  • How do you suggest people display their personalities to be rated?

0|0
    0|0
  • It takes a mere glance to look at someones appearance, it takes months to years to fully understand someone's personality.

0|0
    0|0