Should gag have changed downvotes to objections?

Like bring the downvote option back but change the name of it to "Objection."Your still getting your point across that you don't agree with what that person said. Plus it sounds less negative and fun as well.

I will admit the fact that I play Ace Attorney makes me really wish they would do this.
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=8150294

• YES!
  • I don't know
  • No wouldn't make any sense
  • I'm an Ace Attorney addict as well. :D

Most Helpful Guy

• That wouldn't help. They would need to reveal all the people that have down voted you to make a difference. I think that is the biggest problem people had with it. Someone might down vote the statement "rape is wrong" and stay anonymous as they troll with their down votes. Or they would bully someone for fun. If they see that 10 people have already down voted someone, they would be more likely to down vote them just for the sake of joining in the bullying.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• They should have changed them to a giant discorporated bum that spits out chocolate coins whenever an objection us sensed.

• i like

"i dont agree with your shitty ass opinion" better

lol :P

• They shoulda never gotten rid of them in the first place. What would be good is if they put something in the bar on the right about it with a poll, but of course they know without asking what we want and we're just lucky to be allowed to use their website! ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaaha!

• I think if there's a love botton, there should be a hate button too. So you can hate someone's comment.

I don't believe the world has become so sensitive that g@g had to get rid of down votes.

• it's probably just due to lazyness. As in how people were asking to see who downvoted them. So instead of trying to give that a try. They just got rid of it since that's easier.

• Yep, I like that idea :)

• Yes they should bring it back. But if they named the button Objection they should probably have one for discovery too.

• No that's like the same thing anyways it should just be straight forward downvotes should come back.

• They should have JUST LEFT THE BLOODY DOWNVOTE!

• I think they should let the question asker decide whether or not they want downvotes to be enabled on their question.

• I rarely used it.

• Keep the downvote option and keep it as downvote only instead of this objection shit

• The definition of Objection is an expression or feeling of disapproval or opposition; a reason for disagreeing. the action of challenging or disagreeing with something.
      http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=8152686

• Plus If the downvote button still existed I would downvote you.

• My point was that it doesn't matter what name you give it, it is the same thing... "Objection" just takes the weight out of it... I don't mind even if it is called "fuck off" or "fuck you" for that matter... I mean, no offence

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah, that's a fantastic idea :D