Why have so many regulars disappeared lately?

Is it because of the incessant changes we have to endure in the name of "improvements"?
Is it because they're bored with the same questions time after time?
Is it the whole concept of GAG past it's sell by date?

Anyone any ideas?

For what it's worth, I nearly hung up my GAG boots just after the New Year. I just seemed to lose all enthusiasm.

I've decided to fade into the background, just popping in now and again to do things like select MHO on this question.

I wish you all well and a good 2016!

Take care, stay safe!

Most Helpful Girl

• For me it's the constant repetitive questions and the rise of idiocy of users.

It's filled with rate me, how do I look, is this person hot, rate celebrities, etc etc. And then add to the mix the rise of racism comments and questions, saying that everything is racist if it isn't black. If you try and speak reason you get a backlash of abuse and it's really not worth it.

I know from a some users they were being harassed.

• all good points. The trolling has dropped off a little bit in the last few weeks, but it's still bad.

Add to that, that you can't have a civilized debate with anyone on here (if they have a position on something, they just want to fight to the Internet death to defend it) - it all became rather tedious.

• agreed on how it's gotten awfully difficult to express an opinion here when mine doesn't go along with the herd mentality, or counters the op's. Resulting in my often choosing to not comment at all, or if I do, then I know I'll have to deal with countless bickering with no real basis to it because op was asking purely to get confirmation for what they already took as the absolute truth/right thing to do. -_-

• @kaylaS91 just make an opinion then mute it :p

Most Helpful Guy

• i've been on the site going on four years. i have to say that the quality of questions has started to irk me. not that the site has to be all serious but it seems more and more questions are allowed to be posted that contribute nothing to the site.

"how do i look" with pictures of instagram models
    "do you like my cock" with a picture of a rooster
    if you saw someone with a 3 headed dog walking down the street what would you think

i know the site is supposed to be fun, but i think the main goal should be to aide people in questions about reality that we live in. when i first joined i liked the idea of a site where girls and guys could iron out those issues we think of but don't have a platform to get answers.

i feel more and more the site panders to a lower common denominator. it's caused me to question staying on the site

• here here! The anonymous idiotic trolling gets on my nerves more than anything. A little bit of silly fun is great.

Thankfully, the number of those posted questions seems to have gone way down since GaG started limiting the number of questions you can ask per day. Before that change, you would see the same anonymous dumbfucks posting the most ridiculous bullshit every 2 minutes.

If those people leave by the bus load, awesome.

• @CheerGirl38139 agree on all counts. the question limit is good, although hopefully won't deter legitimate question askers. but definitely curbs the b. s. multi questions about nonsense

• meh... I think if you have "legit" questions, you can ask them in groups of 2 or 3 per day. Thats enough balls to juggle at once!

What Girls Said 7

• Sometimes people get busy in their life and they forget about gag (I did too for a while but came back).
    And sometimes GaG can be repetitive cause people be asking the same old questions like "does he like me?" I DONT KNOW, ASK HIM. "How do I look?" You're handsome geez.
    But I generally stay when I get bored before I go to sleep.

• I'm not sure if I have noticed any regulars that have left in the last couple of days, but there are a few reasons people leave.

1. Their school or work life got too busy for them to stay on G@G. This site may even be a bit of a distraction and causing them problems elsewhere in life.
    2. They got tired of the trolls, certain users, or questions on the site.
    3. They're not having fun here anymore or may have been bullied or just got bored.

Many people return after things in life get less hectic or when they realize they miss G@G, though.

• No I been stress and had my heart broken so I feel a bit down. I am always open to chat. I am watching anime so...

• ... which of the regulars have left? :o

• There was a lady from Latvia, gone. Justacatlady gone. I'll have to look through my follow lists. There are several with over a 100 followers and following. They were here for some time to amass that number! All gone.

• @MissNowhere is the most substantial, but I have been limiting the time I am around here as well.

• They'll be back. They always come back.

Some people are inexplicably butt-hurt over the inability to "down vote".

But even those people will eventually quit whining about it and move on. :)

• does anyone wknow where steve is? i forgot his whole screen name..

• This place can be mean and ugly as fuck. The hate fields get old fast. I've been on here for years and come and go for that reason.

What Guys Said 7

• Many leave because I ask them to leave, but the majority depart because I ask them to stay. Anyway, no matter how you slice it's my fault.

• The lack of dislikes makes me feel a constant void. And the question quality went downhill, and even insightful questions go unnoticed with no comments or debates. This update was too drastic for an already dwindling number of people.

• they probably just got bored. most usually come back.

• I think you're right about being bored, but I'm not so sure about them coming back. I've just resurected my "Magnum Opus" hobby, which takes most of my spare time when I'm not studying. I'm still wavering: Shall I go; Shall I stay.

• Really? I am not sure

• Maybe boredome. Maybe more important things have popped up in their life. Could be all kinds of reasons.

• There aren't any real questions asking for advice and far too many questions of a sociopolitical slant trying to advance an agenda.

• You've been a member since 2015? Ha.

• This is my second incarnation here. In any case, yes, I'm a relative newbie. I did, for several months, put my heart and soul into this site, but now I'm wavering whether to go for good. I have other fish to fry, as the saying goes.

• I think everything in moderation. I've been here since 2008 and have seen everything. It all comes and goes in phases.