Should GAG include an "other" gender for people who identify as non-binary?

Someone who is non-binary identifies as neither male, nor female. They could be transgender, genderfluid, agender, or trigender. Do you think non binary folks should have an other option on GAG?

• Yes
  • No
  • I don't know

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it shoul, ut it shouldn't be called other it shhould be like NB, or Non-Binary, or somehow put, every gender here, cuz true, I am male on this site, but that's just what I am Biologicallym I'm actually Bigender, but I'd be fine with Just NB, as opposed to my specific gender, but other sounds kinda like the person is abnormal

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah that makes sense.

What Guys Said 13

• Let's stick with "biological gender" and "gender identity" as being entirely different things, and this site referring to biological gender.

• What about people who are Bruce Gender?

• Please god no...
    I know I'm gonna get shit for this but I dont agree with this "social justice" idea that gender is a choice. I totally support gay rights, etc, but you're either male or female. End of issue.

• If you were born with a dick, click male.

If you were born with a pussy, click female.

Pretty simple, really. Reality doesn't care about emotional teenagers.

• That isn't the purpose of this site. I don't even understand why they would want to be on here. I am not remotely interested in the opinion a non-binary person might have about the topics that are discussed here. On any topic that their opinion would matter, wouldn't deal with the topics related to the nature of this site.

• I think I was born in the wrong generation lol

• What would this site be called then?

• Hell no. This site is called "GirlsAskGuys" for a reason. Let the non-binaries start their own site.

• The law doesn't have "Other" on legal documents, so, no.

• Nah just nah

• No, because that wouldn't work in terms of UI/UX design.

• Eh, I guess yeah it should be included. But, I don't relate to it so, I'm not concerned much.

• For all two of them? No

Vast majority of people identify as one or the other. Even if you're trans, you identify as male or female.
    All others are trying to be different and I don't think the very small group of them should be placated.

What Girls Said 9

• Yes I believe so!

• I don't think its necessary, its not offending because they're a very small part of the population and if they think needed an extra gender which isn't even a scientifically possible, then they shouldn't use the site period or just pick their birth gender. I'm sorry xD

• It is scientifically possible, they have proven gender is hardwired in your brain, and it's possible to be born with bost testicular, and ovarin tissue, so u can be born as a male, and as female gentically

• hey peachy!

• Hi apple ❤️☺️

• Either that or just have an option where you choose not to disclose your gender. But that would make answering a bit tricky considering its split up by gender. So I'm not sure how it would work exactly.

• no. I can understand adding intersex for those born with both, but other than those people, everyone is either male or female. pretending genders don't exist is seriously dysfunctional.

• Well... It'd be an other category for everyone who wasn't strictly male or female, hermaphrodites, intersex, nonbinary, and transgender, and whatever else you identify as.

• that's nonsense. but let's simply agree to disagree. I don't feel like going in circles with this.

• It's literally been proven, that Gender is determined, by bran chemistry

• Only if there are some Alien GaG-ers, because humans have only three genders ;)

• Three?

• Your welcome?

• It's weird. I've only seen straight people complain about there not being enough options for gender stuff. I don't think anyone wants to be referred to as other.

• "transgender, genderfluid, agender, or trigender"

What the f...

• I'm gonna have to add this to the list of people I wouldn't have a relationship with in addition to bisexuals and hermaphrodites.

• the website is girls ask guys... that means girls and guys...

• PC has finally peaked on GaG.

• Yes, so true.

• if you think this simple question is PC peaking, I have bad news for you...

• @ksoma If you think I care about what you say, I have even worse news for you...