Do you upvote just your gender?

I noticed this a few times. The user would ask a question, and only upvote their gender, and not upvote the other. Even when nothing is said really, they'll upvote them and not someone from the opposite gender, who gave a thoughtful response.

Why is that? I'm just curious.

• Yes
  • No
  • I don't upvote

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• Nah, I am not sexist. I upvote the people that give me good opinons. Does not matter what gender they are.

• I am the same. Which is why I'm curious as to why they did that.

• Yeah, I have seen bitter people post sexist questions about the other gender and upvote every comment that supports their sexist rant before.

• This wasn't even a sexist question (the one I saw where they were only upvoting their gender). Both genders replied amicably and one gender, all gave good responses. The other didn't fully answer and they still got the upvote. That's why I'm confused and curious as to why.

• No, not at all. I am not a partial person

• I upvote everybody. I haven't asked a question in a while, though.

• Fair enough, thank you!

• I upvote based on good comments, not gender. Often you think more like your own gender so it could be that being a factor

• Possibly. I saw some give good thought out responses, that directly answered the question. None received an upvote. Yet silly filler ones did of the same gender.

• Might just be a sexist person. Or maybe they logged out and didn't see the other opinions yet.

• I didn't want to jump to that conclusion, but that's probably it. I saw them respond to a lot of people way after the others replied, so they saw them.

• People tend to do that a lot on the "us vs them" gender questions.

It's really pretty silly.

• It is. Although the question in well, question, wasn't even a gender debate at all. Which is why I was so confused.

• i hardly ever upvote anything

• no I upvote everyone who adds anything remotely useful to my question

• That sounds like what I do, too.

• I don't consider their gender when I up vote them.

• I upvote smart people.

• I haven't done that. If I upvote someone, I liked their answer due to it's poignancy or I thought it was funny.
    If I ask a question, I usually give everyone an upvote that actually gives a coherent response as a 'thank you,' I guess.

I did use to downvote only girls though. Cooties and such. I don't approve.

• This is how I view it, as well. So I was just wondering why certain ones don't both at all and I didn't want to jump to negative conclusions.

Cooties are running rampant and unchecked. They must be stopped, which is why I down voted boy cooties.

What Girls Said 5

• ill "like" anyone with insight, humour or depth to their opinion. that said, i don't use it too much.

• i respect any human being with a modicum of intelligence. if a guy has an opinion that i agree with, or is logically sound, i will upvote him; ditto if it's a woman.

• I agree with you. I just saw it on another question recently and was wondering.

• I usually upvote anyone who answered unless they were being rude.

• I will upvote both

• you mean like? I like everyone who answers my question ☺️