Do you think most people ask questions about things that they really would know the answers if they just thought about it more?

I am reading some questions on here and I read one where she says, do you think he is cheating? The answer to her is yes, I think she might already know that.
Do you think people do this?
Why?
Do you do it?
Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, but that's the way it is with just about anything. I mean when I'm explaining physics or something to someone, they often would have gotten there by themselves but it would have taken them longer alone.

Others know it but they care so much for the other that they want to make sure that they are right. In other words, they just need to hear someone else say it. Or they could have been accused of being jealous in the past, so they want to ensure that is the case this time.

I could probably go on for awhile if I really wanted to.

• Ah, ok I see what you mean. They want someone to empathize with them, but they ask a question for confirmation.

• Trying to get someone to emphasize with them is another reason. Confirmation is one. Trying to get help understanding it faster is another. The person may be biased to the situation in some way (for instance, may be have been accused of being the jealous type by more than one ex) so they want someone else to tell them what they think is another. There are a couple different reasons.

I will agree with you though that some times I'm just like come on now you know what's up.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes we all just need some confirmation. There are some truths that hurt and we may have the hope that we're misunderstanding the whole thing, like on the example you gave.

What Guys Said 1

• I ask questions only to get notifications and I openly admit that all the time. I. WANT. ATTENTIONNNNNN

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, but that doesn't mean they still can't ask the question. It helps to have others' input. On a website filled with strangers, most of the ideas tend to be unbiased as well, so you don't have to contemplate things like:

- Were my friends just being nice to me and sugarcoating things?
    - My mom really doesn't like my boyfriend. She may just be saying things to get rid of him.

Those kind of thoughts (and your own thoughts) can cloud your judgement, so it helps to have the advice of those not connected by feelings to give you true answers. Of course, this site does come with trolling, so you still have to take things with a grain of salt, but the opinions can still help. At the end of the day, the user has to go with what they feel is the best option, though.

• Yeah I think people do it. They want confirmation that they are right in their thinking sometimes or just want second opinions. I don't do it though.