How To Know If Someone Is Being Honest About Relationship Status (On GaG)?

Hello again, guys!

So, I was just curious about the GaG community action that we use on our profiles to tell people if we are single or taken. How can any of us really know?

And if you're interested in a GaG'er, what if they have no comment or 'It's Complicated' listed on their page? How do you really know for sure?

Any past experiences or advice, for this would be great! Thanks, guys! 😁

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask them. They may not tell the truth, but when people put a status up it also could be a lie.

Its complicated is often used by people that are married but don't want to admit it. But it is also used by people who have recently broken up and are not sure where they are going. And by people who have lost an SO to death and are not ready to get involved. And any of who knows how many other reasons.

As true for anything on the internet, you can never know for sure.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can ask them. But you will never know for sure, because this is the internet and people can lie.

What Guys Said 7

• You can't not really, unless you trust that person, and as for whether it say's on my profile and for others I have mine as no comment because it's really no ones business and some people put it there to let people know that they are with someone and don't want to be bothered in that way though because lets be honest the internet and this site is filed with a lot of creeps and perverts and to be fair this really isn't a dating site so yeah.

• Well GaG isn't really a dating site.. you could always just ask them
    it may be slightly awkward, but probably the best method..

.. or be stalker'ish and track their post history.. ^.~

• You can't really know unless you ask them.
    But some of us lie about our status.

• You can't tell and never will be able to unless you meet them in real life. People lie over the internet all the time and with the magic of photoshop they can "prove" their relationship status to be anything they want.

• I put no comment because it's really no ones business about my relationship status but if someone asked, I'll answer honestly

• I don't think it matters that much.

• Yeah, I agree... it's not like this is a dating site... or is it? 😮

• This ain't OKCupid.

What Girls Said 5

• well to be honest, I'm not really sure why you have to be. i mean if they don't wanna put the right thing on their profile, okay. if u really wanna know, just ask, or you'll most likely see them talk about it on the threads.

for me i don't find it a big deal to have on my profile so it isn't there at all.

• You can't, really, apart from like stalking them to see if they ever mention an SO.

• You dont know. Gag isn't a dating site.

• Does it really matter? haha

• There is no way of knowing to be honest, this is the Internet and people can say whatever they want even if it is a lie. How can you dispute it unless you know them in real life? You can't