Is it just me or do people "Like" opinions a lot less now?

Because instead of an upvote button it is now a heart icon that symbols a "Like" instead of a "vote".

Updates:
I think people are more willing to give upvotes instead of "Likes".

0|1
5|10

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with this..
    @GirlsaskGuys Bring back the downvotes and get rid of this heart shaped thing.. its tacky..

0|0
    0|0
    • How about yourself though? Did you give a lot more upvotes before the layout was changed? Do you find yourself not "Liking" as many posts now?

• Show All
    • @ConsultantIsBack wtf.. why.. lol.. I am probably the most down voted person here.. mostly by girls.. and I am okay with this..

• good bye @asker :)

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• No, not just you. I've found even I have been liking posts significantly less now, although, for me, that's due to the removal of the downvote instead of the replacement of the upvote with a heart icon. I think it would be the same even if they replaced the like with an upvote, as long as they don't bring back the downvote as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah because you're not doing it to offset the down votes anymore.

I vote bringing down votes back.

1|1
    0|0
  • GaG needs to change it back, I miss down voting people because i'm a bitch, simple as that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I think so.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• i noticed this from the beginning. i got tons of upvotes (and downvotes) and now, i'm lucky to get 2 likes in an answer.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've noticed the decrease in likes, too. I don't think it was simply coincidental with the removal of the downvote system. I think the two are related.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are some who ask questions where you make the effort to provide detailed answers to help them but the asker never bother to issue a "like". Seems like they are clueless on the matter from my understanding while others are courteous enough to provide "likes".

0|0
    0|0
  • I noticed that too. Agreed.

0|0
    0|0
  • the likes just suck compared to upvotes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think so too, I am getting lesser upvotes

0|0
    0|0
  • I Like opinions for the feedback, I still do

0|0
    0|0
  • I was thinking this today, funny I noticed this thread so late.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think so.

0|0
    0|0