How the f*** did my photo end up on the internet after asking a question about my looks here?

So I asked a question here about my loooks and I posted two photos of my face. I was searching something on Google now and i found my two photos there not here! It's in public which means this site isn't even safe or i don't know what to say. Please someone explain to me because i don't know anymore. Anyone can safe them and use them to catfish people and pretend it's me!

Most Helpful Guy

• woowwwww thats messed up,
    i guess someone thought you were cute, saved them, and uploaded them.

file a complaint on google to have them removed.
    maybe google or whever you got it from has that persons email and could get thim in big trouble for that.

maybe even ban them from this website do that asap

if you dont know how look up how on google or youtube

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, been there done that.. I didn't ask a question on how do I look but somehow someone took my profile picture either from here or Facebook and used it on a site... I think you can't do shit because it's not illegal I've been told, unless they pretend it's you!

• I don't want to wait until i find someone pretending to be me and use my pics for that :/ it's sick. There must be something i can do about it or remove it

What Guys Said 20

• welcome to the internet. What, you tought you owned the images here?

Sorry to break it, but you don't. EVERY SINGLE image you post on FB legally belong to them and they're free to use them as they want. You agreed to it in their EULA. Supposedly it's the same with instagram too. The moment you post an image, it does by law belong to facebook.

Snapchat has a database of ALL the images you've ever sent. And you agreed to this too in their EULA. Imagine how many nudes that database contains now...

And here comes the REAL fun. Since you clicked "i accept" on the EULA, you can't do jackshit about it. The images are not yours anymore. Submitting takedowns won't do shit. taking them to court won't do shit.

If you used IMGUR to upload it, i suspect it's public. most image sites are. And public means the images are searchable!

That's what you get for being careless on the internet. Hope you learned your lesson.

Oh and for the record, i'm afaid GaG can't do much about it. Seeing as they only use code to display the images. All images seen here are hosted off site, from where you got the link to the image.

• Apparently you don't understand the internet.

• Wow. A bummer. You put something in public and it actually stays there.

Are you really that naive?

• Um... once something is on the internet, it's forever on the internet.

• I put it out there in hopes you'd get offers to model shoes and hearing-aids. Heard anything yet.

• What are you so surprised about? You posted it in the Internet, meaning they're public for anyone to see.
    Also, this site isn't meant to share your pics, unlike FB, so they won't spend money on ways to keep your pics safe.

• Yeah and apparently facebook owns all your photos you upload on there and instagram too. The internet is not safe.

• Your photo is on the internet, google finds it if it's public, when you put a photo here, it's public.

• http://i64.tinypic.com/2m2c6it.jpg

Uh oh😌😇

• When you put a photo up it generates a source codec In order to convert the image into digital readable number... That same codec gets loaded to the www. (Website). com
      www. = World Wide Web. And that's how it's loaded up onto google... Nearly every image anyone uploads is essentially loaded and saved on the Internet. That's how images are translated from unreadable codes into an actual digital image. Computer codes is just

010110101001010101010
      011010110010110101011010110101001010101010010110101001010101010
      011010110010110101011
      011010110010110101011
      011010110010110101011
      011010110010110101011

• Image code looks like this though

But I'm sure you know that already

• If you're using other picture posting sites, ie. tinypic or other
    you can delete them from where you took/posted them from
    and they'll also disappear here. ^.^

• yep pretty much. i don't understand being outraged at this... how did you not know this was going to happen?

• Should have been more safer... This is what you should have done... You should have uploaded the photo on imgur or similar sites. Copy the link off from imgur and copy it here. Then when ur all done getting answers, delete the photo on imgur so that if it shows up on google images the photo won't show up when opened..

But you said 'found my two photos there not here!'... You mean your photos aren't sourced from Gag? Perhaps someone downloaded your photo and uploaded somewhere. Damnnn

• Google is simply a search engine, ergo, you search and it links you to sites that contain content you are searching for. That's why your facebook profile appears on google. That's why EVERYTHING appears on google.

• Well, you've posted your photos in a website open to the public. Anyone could have downloaded them and used it to their advantage. It's not unbelievable.

• It was an unwise question on your part and I have always asked girls NOT post pictures here if you do not want them to be public all over the internet... Specially teenagers whose parents don't even know. You are public now. There is no way back. And this is only the beginning. Trust me.

• Well at no point whatsoever does GAG say your images are safe so you're just naiive.

In fact this site probably has very good SEO given the constant stream of content so your face will be in search results even when still on this site...

• wtf, did you google "ugly" or 'insecure"?

• I think its normal... I googled and found my pics too on google images... and many pics of gagers here I know... I can even name them.

• Well that's bad when did you ask

• Welcome to the Internet. Everything you post is permanently out there.

What Girls Said 12

• I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. GirlsAskGuys strives to protect all of our users, but unfortunately, this is still the internet so appropriate precautions should still be taken if you do not want your pictures to be anywhere online. If this is a concern of yours, I would recommend not posting any more photos in the future.

However, if you do wish to upload an image, you can use tinypic or imgur then when you are ready to take it down, you can typically remove the images from those sites and then the pictures should no longer appear here on GaG.

• I'm not sure if you've realized this, but this website is on the Internet.

Once you put something on the Internet, it's there forever. If you don't want your photo showing up on Google, don't post HDIL questions.

• Well, you put your picture on a public forum and someone probably grabbed it.

It's really crappy and people can be so cruel.

The thing is, on the internet, you have to assume anyone can see what you post. It's really hard to be anonymous or to protect yourself while at the same time putting yourself out there.

I don't know why someone took your pictures, but people do those types of things all the time.

The only thing you can do is go to sites they are using them at and report them, emailing the site moderators to tell them that someone is using your pictures without your permission.

• How do you expect it to be private when you put up pictures for the whole world to see?
    Has nothing to do with the safety of the website, it's just how the internet works.

Has anyone ever told about toothpaste words? well on the internet there are only toothpase words and pictures

• Same here but everyone say I look fine! I just hope no-one try to find me lol!

• Yup! That's why I try to protect my images. Anyone can take them and do anything, anytime.

• That's how the Internet works. Once you put it out there, it's out there forever. Don't post pictures of yourself on public forums or on the Internet period if that's the case.

• Maybe because you put it on the internet?

• When you put things on the internet ANYONE can see them. That's how it works.

• You put it online of course it ends up on google, you should know that.

• The internet is not a safe place, which is why I don't upload my pictures (especially of my face). Facebook is also not safe, and can use your images.

• Of course anyone can save them. What did you think? Anything you post online can be there forever and people can take it and put it up on other sites. You should never post pictures of you that you aren't ok with being out there forever on any random site. You never know what other people will do with your pictures.