Should I take a break from G@G?

Sorry if I'm complaining or "attention seeking" or whatever you guys wanna say I'm doing. Please don't be mean to me or whatever.

G@G has been stressing me out lately a lot and it's been making me feel bad about myself and stuff. I want to cry sometimes when I am on here.

I I wrote a take a couple days ago that was meant to cheer people up, and instead I get a handful of people accusing me of hating men, and mocking people when that was never my intention. I made me feel bad and stuff. I hate being framed or accused of something that I didn't do. It makes me feel horrible. I cry sometimes when I'm on here because sometimes I just feel annoying everywhere. Online and in real life.

I have a life off of here but sometimes I feel too sensitive for a site like this. Should I just take a break for a couple of days and come back soon and see how I feel?

• Yes take a break. :)
  • No, stay. :(

Most Helpful Guy

• [Voted A]

That's what I did. I had similar circumstances. Always remember that you're not for this site, this site is for you. You're here to have fun, enjoy, take help and give solutions to others. If you are not feeling good and perpetually using this site (or any other site), you're doing nothing but hurting yourself and wasting your time. It means you're addicted.

As others said that you shouldn't walk away, face them, have a thick skin, are wrong. You don't need to change yourself for a mere site. Yes, it's good to be a better self but you know what, it'll damage your mind.

Blocking won't help either. You'll make a bad impression in the community and slowly, you'll be left only a few groups to connect

I had similar issues. A lot of fellow users recommend me to take a break. They told me that I am not the man, I used to be. I lost my free spirit.

So, I took a four months break and after I returned, I'm feeling way better. It was an excellent choice to start over.

Don't deactivate, just leave your account as it is.

But I read an opinion comment that you were thinking about taking only 2-3 days break? It won't help. If you are considering to take break, take at least one month.

Good luck :)

Most Helpful Girl

• You should prioritize yourself and your well being over this site. Do what you need to take care of yourself!

• I will try. Maybe a quick break will help me feel better. I don't want to leave completely.

• Well I will miss seeing you around for your break but I know it's for the best. Go relax and do fun things that make you happy :)

What Guys Said 14

• Walking away from our problems doesn't solve them. You really can't let the opinions of people on the internet get to you in a negative way. People will always try to drag you down to their level. It's an unfortunate part of life. You need to stand tall and walk above them. You have that strength within you. I believe in you. Keep fighting, my friend :)

• I'd hate to see ya go, but if your not improving or enjoying yourself I s'pose there's not any benefit in staying. ; - (

• Well you are the only one that can answer that question.. I do not know how one gets stressed out on this site.. unless you worry too much about some comment one made
    I would just stay and do not take things maybe as seriously as you might.. but if you deside to go.. well have a nice day

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWofBdhT2k
    this might help, in all honesty, if you're feeling off kilter, take a couple of days to just relax, care for yourself and as soon as you feel like you're ready and want to jump back in, do so

• Can you tell me the link to the myTake?

And to be anywhere on the Web safely, you need to have thick skin. We've all gotten harsh comments before. I think the worst one I had was this,

"yeah because your backwards religion and ugly daughter with her kafiiya is more beautiful"

• You need to learn to not care and it's as easy as not even bothering to read negative comments past the first sentence. Only respond to messages you like and your mind will naturally start screening out all negative feedback. Many people get in these intense fights with extremely rude people are obviously looking to hate and ignore people who are kind and positive. You're focusing on the wrong stuff because i've def seen a lot of support for your writing

• Don't worry about those people, why should you care? :) :) Just carry on doing your thing and ignore hehe.

• I think most of us benefit from breaks from gag. I took a year break a while back. I'll probably take another fairly soon.

• I've been on a similar situation lately. Everywhere I look, someone wants to insult me. If this site is only giving you trouble instead of cheering you up / entertaining you, by all means, take a break.

• I don't think the internet is for you if you can't handle people ridiculing and saying mean things to you.

• Well I know you pretty much u are here I was been hurted by a girl. also toooooo cried that time and I never quit this still somewhere I cry but I still here because of ma boredom or not having friend in real life. So if you have your friend. Then u Easily quit this for some month so I can later come later with the best mood

• Only you can really answer that, But yeah you should if its bothering you too much.

• your not answerable to anyone hun, you do what you need to do

• Is it my comment on "20 differences between men and women"?

What Girls Said 22

• Girl if it is putting any kind of negativity in your life, I say ditch it. Because life is just too short for negativity. But also remember, lots of people are mean and even meaner behind a computer screen. Keep your head up and let whatever anyone says roll off of you. People take so many things wrong via text or social media. There's no tone of voice to judge from. Plus you have those poeple on here that are hunting for anyone or any comment to sinl their teeth into and war. Let them waste their own time. Delete anything negative from your life and it will feel like a tremendous burden has been lifted. Good luck whatever direction you take! = )

• That is so true. Maybe it's my head that makes everything more dramatic. Thanks for the advice.

• GirlsAskGuys is meant to be an enjoyable and fun site where everyone can express their thoughts and opinions. So, as I told you before, if you feel that you are being harassed in any way, you should block the user and/or report them so we can take action, if necessary.

• Im not sure. I feel like sometimes the site can get to u and as a young woman, one thing this site will teach u is to grow thick skin if u take that mindset on board.

Until then, if you feel u need to take a break to refresh, then by all means go for it and return ready to face any crap that comes ur way. Trust me, after being here for some time, it just has no effect whatsoever anymore, and i love that.

• If anything does not serve you positively then it is better for you to remove it from your life, even temporarily.

It used to bother me too but honestly, life is hard, people are dick heads, and they do this to intentionally hurt you. You need to learn one day that just because people are bad to you it doesn`t always mean there is anything wrong with you. Sometimes, they are the ones that are the issue.

• This site should NOT be causing people to break down, cry, skip school, miss work... this is getting ridiculous. Yes, please take a break. Go relax. Don't make things hard for yourself.

• I guess it's because we are like a big family and the trolls are coming. I will take a short break. Only like two days or so.

• Unfortunately, that's the way stuff like this works. People misunderstand and people attack for very little reason. If you feel distressed, the only real solution is to take yourself offline until you feel better then try again. I hope you do whatever is the right thing for you to do and you're happier soon :)

• I know. It happened to me, too. The thing is don't ask the questions that mean A LOT to you here. Save those for friends and family. This ugly site is here to help.. I guess so don't let it TAKE OVER your life. Just use it for fun. And the thing is whenever people say how they are feminists and state the truth, people acuse them of "hating men". If it is so, than I DO hate men. Don't worry. Take a break COMPLITELY without G@G and just so you know, if you EVER need advice, feel free to talk to me. Follow me and I'll follow you.

• waw I am surprised on how many people get affected by this site :/
    like it's weird for me cs I never really had any negative energy from anyone relevant so it's all good.
    surely I had some peeps piss me off but I let it go shortly.
    you just need to put in mind that people hiding behind their screen aren't better than you nor should they be getting under your skin.
    Especially a person you never actually met or know.
    Anyone that s mean to you here, just block him.
    cause it s a waste of your energy and more impo your time.

• Yeah I know. It shouldn't effect me but a lot of stuff has been happening in real life that has made it's way onto here. :( thanks for the advice.

• anytime and gd lck

• I am actually considering taking a take a break. If i don't I'll probably end up deactivating my account

• Yeah, and I'm sure you don't want to do that. You may regret it.

• Yeah I probably will. I'll not make a rash decision yet, but I'll probably just go inactive for a while

• If it's getting to you that much, it wouldn't hurt to take a week off or whatever you need to clear your head of the negativity. The site shouldn't bother you that much.

• I know this feeling. Sometimes I see comments here that make me feel sad and others that make me angry.
    But then I think, this is the internet. Those people don't know me in real life and they never will. They are not my friends, relatives or someone I care about, so their opinions shouldn't matter.
    But if you can't stand these comments and these people. I'd say that you should take a break. Maybe things will be different for you after that.

Good luck :)

• Thank you ❤️ I don't want to leave permanently but I think a short break will help me regroup.

• You're welcome :)

Yes, it might help you since you're not feeling well.

• Yes! Take the break! It's necessary. It's easy to get caught up and like it or not, there's a crap ton of negativity here. After awhile it gets the best of you and it can feel like you're drowning. Sometimes you need to come up for air. Don't let this place change you. You're a sweet girl. Take a few days off. Refresh. Regroup. Breathe. And then come back. ❤

• Yes, take a break for a while girly, I'm really going to miss you though 😞

• You really shouldn't let this site get to you but if you think that's what needs to be done, go ahead.

• I see you around here all the time and i see tge hatrasment sometimes
    Follow your gut
    Either build up your strentgh or take a breakband come back later

• I honestly think that u shouldn't let a site like this affect u so much, so if it is, I would suggest to take a break.

• *HUGS*

• LOL. OMG I can't BELIEVE PEOPLE STRESSING OVER A LITTLE QUESTION SITE.

• Yes!! i will take a break after a week as well. This site is very energy draining.

• Yeah, sometimes :(

• @ holygirl01 Follow back so I can reply to your message :) No I dont think there is anything wrong.

• Hey, you pmed me a question but it won't let me reply, wasn't ignoring you, just letting you know, lol.

• Have a break
    Have a KitKat :)

• I actually really like you. But definitely the a break if it's leaving a negative effect on you.

• Sure, who the hell cares. Take a break or dont, its up to you...