Why do I barely get opinions to my questions on this site?

I see other peoples are flooded with opinions to even any sort of questions on this site, so why aren't I? When I first started to use this site it was ok but now what happened. My questions may not be that irrelevant. I see full of opinions on even pathetic questions?

I may not even get much for this one as well.

Most Helpful Guy

• the quality of this site is going downhill, in my opinion.

the stupid questions can get a lot of attention because they're simply fun and easy to answer, while a question with a serious problem may need more effort to answer, which some people probably aren't willing to do, so they skip.

Most Helpful Girl

• There are a few reasons I can think of as to why you're not getting many opinions on your questions.

- You're posting anonymously. I understand that you may not want to show who you are with more personal questions, but it's typical for anonymous users to not receive as many responses because people tend to shy away from those questions.
    - The details you leave may be too much or too little for users to really feel like they can give worthy advice. Long walls of text overwhelms the eyes and no text can make people go, "Well, I don't know much about the issue based on the question alone." You have to be succinct when giving details.
    - Spelling and grammar can be hard to read on some questions. It seems like you type properly, though, so I doubt this is the main issue for you.
    - Users are focusing on the more "fun" questions lately as many people have noted in many different questions. I know I can be guilty of this when I don't have much time to answer questions, so I will go for the ones where I can leave a shorter response.

What Guys Said 11

• There are a LOT of crap questions clogging up the feed as the amount of users seem to be increasing and the same few questions are constantly getting asked. Also these questions usually get more answers than more serious questions because they're either simpler or questions you can't get wrong.

• Being anonymous does not help. Gag is fairly social. So if a well know gager answers a question odds are several of their followers will follow suite. Short and concise questions do better than a question full of emotion and takes up the maximum character limit. A catchy title also helps.

• ~yeah i noticed the same thing , u ask something important and no one responses, someone asks, chocolate paste or peanut butter and 32342q4-8-484814257289423 people respond , they should delete idiotic questions like that

• Yeah. I ask a lot of important questions and so many of them get only 1 to 3 replies. I asked an important question half an hour and so far only 2 answered. It's always like that and the questions are usually targeted for girls yet most of the time it's just guys who answer them.

• Some people filter content based on users they follow, so if you're anonymous, people are less likely to answer.

That, and the live feed doesn't keep complicated questions up for long. Not a lot of people answer them, after all.

• some questions just are not that interesting or were asked a lot allready. also for example if the question is like enough to fill a book, i won´t bother to answer.

• Mind giving me the link to some of your questions? If I saw them and didn't answer them, I'll give you my very honest opinion on why I didn't answer.

• I sometime get only 4 opinins and sometimes get 40+ comments... it depends

• So this question is actually a good example of what not to ask here...

• People answer things that are easy, of interest to them to discuss, or that they have an opinion on. They don't say 'which are the most important questions' and then sit down and try to construct answers to them.

• Your forgetting the type of people that use this type of site, mostly silly 16-24 year olds that are very immature for their age obsessing over trivial rubbish.

What Girls Said 9

• If you want more opinions on your question, it helps to have a relevant title that is straight to the point. Then you can include more details in the body of the question. Some people may not want to read a lot though so it could help to keep it short with only the most relevant information.

Also, when anyone asks good quality questions (specifically questions geared towards how men and women think, since gender communication is our core topic here at GirlsAskGuys), your question may get selected as "great" which will help the question get more views and subsequently, more responses!

So, those are just a few tips that might help you in the future :)

• It just depends on how long it is I find that some people are more reluctant to answer an question that is ridiculously long, or lack paragraphs. Or confusing- so who knows.

• Maybe your questions aren't relatable to the user base. Maybe you aren't asking questions at peak times.

Also, people tend to avoid anonymous questions so you can consider coming off of anonymous if you want more responses.

• because your in anon! And they don't know u?

• Posting anonymously is the first thing. Since not troll questions are under anonymous, people tend to ignore them. Secondly, it could be how you're asking. Sometimes the question can be unclear. Also depends on what topic you're asking under.

• Might be because you're posting anonymously in addition to what @BertMAcklinFBI said.

• Funny thing is you probably will receive the most answers with this one question, haha

• u have to have a good title for u question that grabs pplz attention and not have too much to say or else people won't read it all
    not really sure otherwise

• Maybe your questions are stupid.

• I found your answer stupid!

• I found your question stupid!