What are your thoughts on the recent update?

The look of the likes have changed. Is there anything else?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm okay with it... and the new list of reported posts makes it easier to find some posts to hide :D
    Before that I was struggling to find 10-15 posts a month :o

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 21

• Under "G@G News" (upper right corner) is a thing on site changes. It contains a link to a page with the latest updates with reasons, and reasons why some things were not changed. Also lots or room to express your thoughts and feelings, as well as give your suggestions. Suggest you all look at it at www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a25484-we-re-always-listening

• i dont like the 2 big boxes on every question, really unnecessary

• We Facebook now

On another note, I never see you make posts heather! Haha wow!

• We're able to search/look for reported posts
    which I guess is pretty neat for moderators.

http://images. girlsaskguys. com/custom/other/Screen%20Shot%202016-02-04%20at%2023.55.11. png

• The latest thing I've noticed is that the font size has gotten a lot smaller. I'm still hoping the wizards behind the scenes will make the menu header a "floating header," so that when you're deep inside a question thread you can always see it at the top of the screen. That way you don't have to manually scroll back up to refresh the live feed.

• I think it is nice. Better like function, and you can unlike if you clicked by mistake...

maybe you can add a read the question option for those who don't read it and just post a random unhelpful answer!

I think the old function of choosing age group could be useful, in terms of searching.

Also, when can you post more than 2 questions a day?

In addition, how do questions that are unanswered get attention?

• When you get to 3 Xper, you can post three questions per day. There is more information about that in the FAQ.

There's a section under the "Feed" where you can search for questions with no opinions. However, that's the best they've got at this time.

• Ok thanks

• You're welcome!

• Lets be honest - The hearts were a bit silly

• To be honest I preferred the hearts, the thumb up looks like an obvious bite off of Facebook. :-P

• Well us mods got a treat, so there's that.

• Looks OK it's just a 👍 and not a ❤.
    I would think it's to keep it the same as the other sites.
    I probably wouldn't of notice if you didn't say.

• definitely better from what I can see... they changed some stuff back, hearts replaced and a few other things... I like it

• Seems most people are responding well to the update! That's great.

Also, that rhymed. :D

• the feedback on the last one was very negative, so this was to be expected :P

• Hah, very true. They couldn't take the same amount of negative criticism.

• It's just gag being gag. More random, directionless aesthetic tinkering.

• Not a big fan.

The update I want is total customization like a blog. We could make our own pages with more flavor

• Reminds me of Facebook in a way. Still the core general idea is to ask and answer questions 😛

• It Looks neater but I can't tell how that was achieved

• They took away dislikes, because everyone has to feel "safe". Or something...

• Yes, but the downvotes were gone from the last update. This time, they changed the look of the likes - from hearts to a thumbs-up.

• Hell yeah! Finally the hearts are gone.

• And I also like how they brought back the functionality to go directly to the opinions of whichever gender.

• Yes! The ability to switch to a certain gender is nice, for sure. I liked that before.

• I hope they won't bring back the hearts for V day or make a v day theme

• I haven't really noticed any changed apart from the feed :P

• I hate it, You can also now only post 3 questions a day

• Fine by me. Only minimal

What Girls Said 13

• Ehh, it still looks kinda clunky. It's better that the hearts are gone but now it's like a copy of facebook and I don't see why the upvote/downvote system has still not been brought back despite the majority people being very vocal about their preference for it. The boxes on the questions are annoying. However, I think the new option for mods, the reported posts page, will be very helpful in reaching the quota and will be helpful in getting a more universal decision on what to remove and what not to remove. But that's the only thing that I really like about this new update, unfortunately.

• I suppose I'm liking the less kitschy look with the 'thumbs up' versus hearts when you like an opinion...
    I'm hating the font though. I never realized how difficult a font that is very similar to 'times new roman' could be to read big blocks of text in. X_x

• Are you on a computer? I don't see that change on my phone.

• I'll have to check out how it looks on my laptop later.

• The font is not part of the update. We've simply been testing different fonts for desktop recently so nothing has been decided for good on that yet :)

• Apparently if you post 20 opinions you don't get ads for a while. That's all I know so far.

And I dislike the new "like" button. It's like a Facebook copy -_-

• It's certainly less ground-up Manic Pixie Dream Girl but I still want the downvotes back.

#BringBackOurDownvotes

• I was hoping they'd also reinstate the dislike option.

• Wow I am very surprise. I like the reported posts tab. haha I just do!

• Like every other update: I never care even an increment as much as other people do.

• If you post 20 opinions or have a myTake featured you get 24 hours ad-free.
    Honestly, the idea with 24 hours ad-free is good for under 7 Xper users like me.

• Ehhh, doesn't look much different. And I was in the 1% that liked the hearts lol

• I guess I'll have to get used to it again

• I miss the hearts, they were cute lol

• Haha, they were. You're in the minority, though. Most people thought they were too cutesy. xD

• I think it looks better than the last update.

• It's not a big deal to me