Do you ever respond to questions or posts here anonymously?

I never really get that, it seems kind of cowardly to me or something. I always answer everything as my real self, I don't feel I have anything to hide or be ashamed of in saying what I think. I'll look at some anonymous responses, and wonder why in the hell that person chose to do that, especially when there is nothing inappropriate or controversial about what they said, so I really do not get that. Some people say the girls answer sex questions anonymously so guys won't go messaging them, but this is a site partially dedicated to sexuality, so maybe you shouldn't be here if you're afraid to answer as yourself? I don't know, just kind of weird to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I ask and answer openly. While I can see an occasional need for it, I think the anonymous feature is widely abused on this site, which leads to a lot of trolling. I wish they would limit people to one or two anonymous interactions per day. No one needs to be posting such benign questions as "Do you think she's cute?" as anonymous. Sometimes when I look at my feed, more than half of the questions are posted anonymously. It's just baffles me.

What Girls Said 8

• Almost never. Can't remember the last time I did.

• -Lack of confidence in one's own opinion
    - Fear of being traced back to account
    (Ex. My question is so specific relating to an ex, it would be embarrassing if he found it by a simple google search)

Basically some people treat this place like a diary where they can spill their inner most secrets and insecurities. Nobody wants to get caught

• Also, I might add, this website works as a crutch for people who don't have many friends. Why do you think they stumbled upon this site? Because they had nobody they couls talk to about a certain topic. I assume that most GAG users (not all) are shy people.

• I agree with you on that last part the most. I definitely notice that about a lot of people here, which is why I don't take this place too seriously.

• It doesn't really matter since most of the acount don't even give away identity. Neither does mine. Funnily I still do. No reason. Never thought why, but I do. True though it does seem cowardly. Maybe I'm a coward? Meh whatever. Can't judge.

• Some people do to say mean things and not be approached or something though maybe.

• True, but sometimes people want to deal with it anonymously. It's nothing cowardly exactly. I honestly don't think it matters whether you do anything anonymously or not. Some people just go about giving mean opinions for fun, so they just make themselves anonymous. People who do it for definite reasons would know better :3

• Sorry about the weord phrasing, just really sleepy :3

• Rarely. I can't remember the last time I went anon for an answer, or a question for that matter. I've used the feature, but I only use it if the answer I'm giving is very personal or embarrassing and I don't want people to know it's me.

• I rarely do it.
    I only do it on some topics. Being insulted based on my answered in private messages isn't something I like so I'd rather go anonymous time to time.

• I'm not afraid to take the punches people give me. Most don't have the courge to PM me about it so they just assault out in the open. FIne by me.

• Yes I respond. Sometime I ask anonymous so I understand. :)

• Sometimes

• I usually do. Why? Many reasons. One of them is that right now, I am not interested in being approached in any way.
    Also, being anonymous simply makes me feel more secure.
    I don't care if you consider that cowardly or not.
    Many people consider it so, but I will keep using the function.

• And you have every right, and we will continue to think it's cowardly.

• Cool by me.

What Guys Said 7

• I've asked questions anonymously cause they were private personal issues that I didn't want people to know, but I've very very rarely answered anonymously, and when I have it was because of the same reason I stated above.

I think I've answered anonymously less than 10 times.

• That's how I use the anon feature as well. Otherwise, I stand behind what I'm posting with my username.

• I have only answered a handful of questions anon to see what it was like but I preferred to leave my username up.

• people here use the anon function for their own reasons. it's not considered cowardly in any way.

it seems like you only see it through one perspective, which would make it seem cowardly.

• I think you're just trying to sound cool or something, dude. It makes no sense that I would be cowardly to wonder this.

• you misunderstood my second line

I'm not calling you cowardly, I'm saying that your perspective on the anon function is a good reason why you might see it as cowardly.

• Rarely yes filler.

• I'm afraid that people will block me because of my opinions.

• No im open book and i like jlaw (she at least seems like one if not one)

• yep though only if I think it would sway opinion