How often do you report questions / opinions?

Furthermore, how often do you have to report things (like how many opinions, etc. in a day) before they extend an invitation to be a moderator?

Any mods have any input on remembering how often they reported things pre-mod status before they were asked to become a mod?

I don't necessarily want to become a mod, like I'm not actively seeking it out, but I'm not against it. I just wonder, cause I've been steppin' up my report game lately.

didn't know if they'd be invading my inbox anytime soon or not.

Most Helpful Guy

• The besic moderator quota is just 10 reports per month (which used to be 5).
    So, all you have to do is stay active, behave nicely and successfully report at least 10 posts with 80%+ success ratio.

Last time when I became a mod, I had to ask admins because I was doing pretty good but they didn't send me invitation. They made me a mod the next day.

This time, I reported ~7 posts in the last 10 days of January and I got an invitation.

So, if you think you're doing well, don't hesitate to send them a message.

Good luck :)

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no set number that someone "needs" to report before they are offered mod status, it simply depends on the users report success ratio (although the more a user successfully reports posts, the better chance they have of being noticed by admins).

Also, report success ratio is not the only thing we look at when determining who to invite to become a mod. So, if you're interested, this myTake explains fully all of the different criteria that goes into it. www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a10450-selecting-promoting-moderators-more-about-gag-moderation :)

What Guys Said 17

• It really depends if I was on the live feed - I would probably report something a few times a day - I would say once or twice a day would be enough to get their attention plus you are fairly active also throw in a few welcome messages to newbies and answer their questions like how do you post pics? (you know the drill)

• To be a mod, you have to have great report/success ratio
    of your reports actually being valid.

You can check our FaQ about it:
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/moderators#34

• Well I know that. I don't keep track of if the things I report actually get taken down or not though. So I don't know my success/report ratio.

• @Red_Arrow Yeah it's not specific, but it does mention
      "The success rate of a user's reports is an important criteria to be selected as a Moderator."

• True that.

• Since I have been on here never have reported a question or an opinion.. but there are some questions I would never answer.. some are just really stupid and makes me wonder who the person was that thought them up.. maybe some attention seeker is my guess

• You know that if you become a mod you will have to report yourself for some of your photos? lol

• I don't show any nudity in any photos sooooo

Nope! Will nottt. 😛

• I know that (much as I sometimes wish you would - - just kidding (kind of. lol) But you are always so verrrryyyy close. :-) :-) :-)

• I have reported some posts. Some nudity ones. But mostly antagonistic ones. Ones where someone here uses extremely offensive language on others. Sometimes some people need to tell others they are stupid (which really is not allowed) but when they start calling people bitches and the like, they are way over the line.

• every now and then... usually only if it's something which bothers me much. like some racist shit. I've also reported some nude pics on profiles... but that's it.

by the way. instead of making more silly updates like changing the font I would really appreciate it if they could add a comment box for people to add details when reporting stuff. it's really easy to implement and would help users, mods and admins a lot. @xHoneyxBeex

• Rarely.

• Before I was a moderator, roughly 3 to 5 per month.
    Since I'm a moderator I hide roughly 10 to 15 posts per month. In a good month, occasionally, 20...

• Never. Let others deal with it.

• Every second day I see some nonsense... I do it... Its not like how often.. If I see shit I report them... I can report a 100 in a day and not a single throught a year...
    IT TOTALLY DEPENDS UPON THE FREQUENCY OF SHIT PEOPLE POST.

• never.

• i dont believe in censorship whatsoever in regards to language

• Rarely I only report anything offensive.

• I really only report the really offensive and troll-ey stuff.

• I never report people

• Rarely ever unless they involve discrimination of some sort.

• Not often
    Only when I feel offended in my questions

• I never report anything. I'm not an oversensitive pussy.

• Never.
    Snitches get stiches.

What Girls Said 8

• I believe that the invitation to become a moderator has more to do with your MHO% than anything else. I report stuff all the time and have yet to be offered a mod position.

• How come there are mods with less MHO % than I, then? Doesn't make sense to me.

• Oh why it is so hard to teach you things. I don't know if you do it on purpose or not.

Anyway, by punctual, I meant logging in at least 5 days per week or so.
      "keeping everyone happy" is being a gentleman/lady who has etiquette or at least learned good manners in childhood. You don't need to kiss ass in order to keep the mankind happy.

• @YourFutureEx Punctual: adj. happening or doing something at the agreed or proper time; on time.

I believe the word you're looking for is "active."

And, no, they don't care about good manners here. It's why they actively encourage trolling etc. because it increases their circulation and therefore ad revenue.

• Not at all.
    I stopped reporting when I realized GaG admins doesn't do anything about it.

• I only report if it is obvious spam. For other I leave because maybe I not understand and everyone have opinion.

• i only reported once

• I try to report something at least once a day.

• Not often, honestly

• didn't know you could

• The three vertical dots is the report button. You can find it at the top right of an opinion as wel as a question. I'm not sure you can report MyTakes anymore. You used to be able to.

• @9mfeo Cool thank you :)

• You can report question?

• Look to the right. In the upper right corner you will find the time since the post was posted. Just to the right of that are three dots in a vertical line. If you find something about the post offensive, you may click those dots, then the word "Report" that appears. You will be given a list of "offenses" to choose from. Those are explained in http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts#9