Deleting questions... Do you think g@g should make it an option so you can erase your own questions?

Because I have a few that I would like to be able to erase and I'm sure others do as well...

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• the closest u get is disavowing, but yeah i wouldn't mind a delete feature.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course not! Every word you write becomes my highly questionable intellectual property as soon as you hit the "Send It" button. I intend one day to publish several volumes of mindless drivel for the enjoyment of opium addicts and other select morons!

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, I think they should

• You could always just first if the question isn't already anonymous make it anonymous and then after that you can disvow it so you will never have to see it again even if someone ever answers or comments on it. Plus like I said you'll now be anonymous.

• Yep, when I leave, I don't want to leave any trace behind.

• Most definitely. Having to send a request with the question title is ridiculous

• I think you can with some exper cost

• Yes and deleting comments too

What Guys Said 9

• The problem is if they allow that then people will post all sorts of offensive questions and then delete them before the GAG admins see them allowing them to say and do what they want without getting punished for it.

• Yes, that would be good but then don't you think over time users may start misusing that feature and posts will started getting chopped? I mean just like misusing any feature say down vote feature (which is now removed).

• Yes, what you are saying can be done, like for example if you post a question, then you should have the right to delete your own question for at least 1 hour, and after that the delete button should disappear. That would be a good idea while still having the delete question feature, in that way admins can prevent overuse or misuse of the feature.

That can be done.

• Important point ^^. There should be no opinions in that 1 hr, if the user has asked a question and no body has posted any opinion then yes the user should be able to delete his/her own question within the time frame

• No, since you can always just disavow them. Deleting a question (your own work) also means deleting opinions (other people's work).

Just make them anon if they bother you in retrospect. :)

• I posted some "what should I do?" type question in the "how do I look?" section of the site... I just want be able to erase the question I have that contain photos of me.

• No. Because your questions can benefit other users.

Besides, you can make your question anonymous or 'disavow' it.

• sure I'd love that. but if they'd like us to have that feature then we would have gotten it a long time ago

• nothing is truly deleted... it's sitting in the database.

• Nope, this make people more liable and careful about what they post.

• Yes, it's a great idea, or at least editing questions.

• Probably. And we should definitely be able to delete opinions