Is making friends part of the reason you joined GaG?

I originally joined GaG because it seemed like a fun way to kill some time but now I'd like to make some friends on here because I'm recovering from surgery and I need to talk to people and occupy myself so I don't go insane lol

Most Helpful Girl

• When I joined GAG, I never thought I would stay here for so long. I've meet some interesting people here and I can say that I made some friends.
    But that's not part of the reason I joined this site. I joined GAG because I was obsessed with a subject and I just wanted to get answers.
    That being said, I wasn't looking for a friendship, but I'm glad I did.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. There isn't really such thing as a "friend" online. I initially joined because I had a specific question I wanted to ask females. And, though it's tremendously incredulous for me that I'm saying this: the GAG population seems to have a higher concentration of not-complete-idiots than a lot of places online. So, it's a decent place to have arguments. I mean argument in the non-wholly-negative sense. Exchanging perspectives and ideas. Which also turns out extremely frustrating at times, but all in all, there are a decent amount of people on here who exceed the typical internet baseline for rationality.

What Girls Said 12

• I originally joined because I wanted to try and help people. I honestly didn't expect to make friends but I have to say I've made some great ones on here! It's not something I would have expected to happen!

• It's a big reason as to why I started posting more regularly

• No. I have no friends on here anyway. So I guess I'm doing well there.

• I joined to ask some personal questions and kill time answering others questions :P

• You've got a friend in me
    i.kinja-img.com/.../17veqc9rpjzj1jpg.jpg

• I joined only because I need help and opinions on things that i woulnt want my friends helping me with.

• I made it because I know everyone on here is sensitive so imagine their frustration when you give an honest opinion

• Nope. I joined to get my questions answered... Later I started answering questions

• No, not at all lol. I just came here to ask the occasional question at first.

• Did you end up making some friends on here?

• I'm not really super close with anyone but I have talked to some pretty cool people.

• no.. I wanted guys to answer my one question but no one seems to be responding lol

• I read your question. I think he probably just said it in the heat of the moment and didn't really mean it

• Nope, I had joined to pass time and stayed when I met some cool friends

• No, not interested in that.

What Guys Said 7

• I joined for the entertainment (some folks say the darn things that I consider humorous) and to help others with similar issues/problems I used to have or provide some guidance if they still believe in myths versus facts. Some takes my active criticism in my opinions way too negatively for something written on the internet. I forget sometimes some folks have some sort of a bipolar disorder. Watch this post get removed by some overly sensitive folks. I won't be surprised.

Personally, I didn't join to initially make friends on here. Too many in real life, but there are some cool individuals that I don't mind being online friends with either.

• No, it's not. That is not the reason or a part of the reason why I joined here. If someone thinks of me as their friend then it's fine and if they don't that is also fine, my purpose of joining here is different and so far it has been good.

• Nahhh

• Nope that was never the intention.

• yup.
    .

• I joined because I enjoyed asking questions and posting answers on an array of subjects

• can't make friends on this site with 80 percent of females because they are all pricks