Why do you go Anonymous on GaG?

• I go Anon for the sake of going Anon
  • I go Anon to ask sensitive or more personal questions
  • I go Anon when trolling people and/or leaving negative feedback
  • I go Anon to avoid people stalking me question to question and bringing up previous answers/questions
  • I go Anon because generally I am a very private person
  • I go Anon when bringing up more controversial topics/questions

Most Helpful Guy

• I never used Anon but I never judge those that use it either.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do for many reasons. Personal questions or answers mainly. Sometimes it's because I feel like my opinion may not be well liked and I'm afraid of getting bashed and hated on so I'll go anon for a while and then take it off later if nothing bad happens.

What Guys Said 22

• I go anonymous ONLY to troll @Mistnigqa808

• I never do, I don't have any reason to do that either.

• I can't vote. I don't go anon when posting. I want to actually meet people I show posts with.

• Never have... I think it was meant to allow people to ask a question that they felt insecure about asking, but it's use has been abused on here. Often it clogs the website with crap!

• Usually if I have a question that might be sensitive and personal.
    I really hate that questions asked by anonymous askers rarely get replies. Like within the last
    year or so I have seen many less answers for my and others anonymous posts.

• That's weird. I don't see that. Whether I go Anon or not, I tend to get the same amount of comments, sometimes even more for the Anon just because of the nature of the question/take. I do get three (to a lot of comments) about the fact that I'm Anon, but the people who claim to hate it, still answer which is like, hmm, guess you don't hate it that much b/c you've left like this really long answer to my question basically to me proving the point that it really doesn't matter either way. If you've got something to say, you're going to want to say it b/c you know, Anon or not, someone's on the other end listening and commenting back for the most part.

• g- i don't go anonymous cause i'm not a pussy

• I only go anon when hiding old questions I asked years ago back when I was a teen

• "was"? 22... troll troll... oh.. I forgot to write annon... sorry bro

• @MitGlied
      Troll? Says the brand new level one ass account made today, stay off the anon. I've been on here since I was a teen

• Yes I am new so: How do I block people?

• I go anonymous because i like to give stupid opinions around GaG without being afraid to be blocked!
    Just kidding, i never go anonymous, but many people seem to go because of what i typed above.

• i do it when i want to make an asshole comment

• i never do, never worried to voice my thoughts

• a mix of B and F for me... but I rarely go anon

• I've never gone anon for an answer, only for a few questions.

• I never do. I'm already anonymous, nobody on here knows me in real life.

• I haven't gone anon for a really long time

• I go anon for sake of being anon

• D, unfortunately.

Once upon a time, it was just for controversial topics i didn't want to discuss everywhere i posted, and to avoid disclosing private stuff that related to people i'm close to OTHER than me.

• I generally go anon because I'm a private person. In real life I've always wanted to be invisible, the anon feature is kind of like being invisible. Nobody knows me on here

• The real reason I go anon is because as such people will have to base the value of what I say on my actual words, not my previous reputation or friendly relations.

• couldn't agree more. If I'm asking something specific now, how does something completely unrelated in anyway that I said 10 questions ago, have to do with the topic. Stay on task. It would be like being in a meeting about fire safety and someone raising their hand and saying while we're on the topic of fire safety, what about your thoughts on dating last week.

• Depends upon mood
    I know that my pic and name are not real so I'm already anonymous but I don't like attention in any way
    Private person

And most importantly; why should I not go anon?
    I'm 80% of time anonymous but now I think I should go 99% time anonymous.

• CAUSE I'M SO AWESOME I DON'T WANT IT TOO SPREAD AROUND

• So no one knows it's me if its controversial question and wants to bother me on my profile

What Girls Said 13

• I never go anon. Used to back when I first became active, mostly because I was a bit shy to disclose details that were sexual in nature in such.

Now, I couldn't care less. It's not like someone will be able to link those sorts of things to myself in person. Sure, it may draw some creeps in but I've gotten much better at dealing with 'em with a quick block and whatnot.

Other than that, I find no reason to hide that it's me behind opinions I leave that may go against the grain or be controversial. I look at it as motivation to make sure that my opinion makes complete sense and is an argument that I can support and back up if it's ever challenged.

• If I'm answering really perverted questions and I want to answer honestly I'll anon that shit. People can find you on the internet and you can be fired for things you post publicly. Since my face is attached to my profile I want to be more discreet when I am sharing xrated experiences that may help others. Sometimes I forget to click anon though 🙈I've gone anon for personal questions too.

• the only reasons i would go anon would be because of personal and sensitive stuffs

• I couldn't vote because I never go anon.

• I don't. I wish GAG would remove the anonymous feature.

• I'll go anonymous if I get really detailed when asking a question about a personal situation... JUST IN CASE the person mentioned ever finds it somehow and realizes who I am and how I felt (if I wasn't open with them about how I felt).

• I rarely ever go anon.

• Depends on the question or answer I'm giving. Almost all the above have been valid excuses for me

• I never really go anon

• A mix of those

• I've never gone Anonymous 😛😺

• All of the options apart from the 3rd and the last.

• When I talk about sexual thing. Early today I put I love cum on face and forgot put anon and many weird guy contact me :../ But one guy contact me was good haha ^